Technical Support - PAID FOR PREMIUM!

Options
I can't select the Technical Support Category (it is greyed out) but I PAID FOR PREMIUM. I've had the app on my Android one day and it worked yesterday but today I'm constantly getting "A network problem occurred while searching, please try again later." It works once in a while but 9 out of 10 times I get the error. I really like the program and would hate to have to abandon it after only ONE DAY. HELP!

Replies

• kabirstein
    kabirstein Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So is everyone experiencing this? Can't believe people are sticking with the app with this kind of problem. As a computer professional I would say it's a database deadlock issue, which means they don't have enough resources on their database server to manager all the requests. Not good.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    It's not a regular thing. It's been barely 24 hours, and the benefits far outweigh the odd bug.
  • kjdel123
    kjdel123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Having same problem!, Certainly is troublesome and inconvenient.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Fatty_Nuff wrote: »
    Apparently the MFP servers went on that 800 calorie blood sugar diet and are malfunctioning.
    Just kidding. The search issue is a known problem and they are working on it.

lolsers
  • MileHigh4Wheeler
    MileHigh4Wheeler Posts: 67 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My trainers husband is one of the guys who wrote the MFP app for Android and I've heard some interesting stories about how messed up UA is behind the scenes. I can tell you that I would never want to work for them, that's for sure!

If there was another app that did for me what MFP does and had their massive food database I would probably ditch MFP but there isn't so sometimes frustrations have to be just sucked up (like the food database that is not currently working for many).
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,064 Member
    Options
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/

Known issues are at the top of this page, they happen now and again, as with many mostly free apps.

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Mine's working again.
  • kabirstein
    kabirstein Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have paid for PREMIUM, so I don't expect to have this problem. It if were FREE, I wouldn't complain.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kabirstein wrote: »
    I have paid for PREMIUM, so I don't expect to have this problem. It if were FREE, I wouldn't complain.

Maybe get in touch with MFP then?
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    So is everyone experiencing this? Can't believe people are sticking with the app with this kind of problem. As a computer professional I would say it's a database deadlock issue, which means they don't have enough resources on their database server to manager all the requests. Not good.

Well- [1] it's free (I pay for premium, but actually use some of those features). [2] it really doesn't have an alternative (the few other calorie tracking apps have woefully tiny databases). [3] they generally fix the occasional glitches fairly soon.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

its new year, that sounds spot on... come back in a fortnight, it'll be back to normal :laugh:

yep- sounds about right
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

The database for premium is the exact same database as the paid version. If the database glitches, it glitches for everyone. It is a known issue, they are working on it.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Everything works fine on my phone (apple), but on the computer, it is messed up. I have premium, but all the premium features are locked. My daughter can't sign into her account at all on the computer.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

It's been one day...
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    All I know is that there are lots of long-time users on here successfully managing their weight, despite all the glitches :)

As to whether PREMIUM is worth it, that's up to you ;)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Yep it glitches sometimes but is usually fixed fairly quickly. I have been on here since 2011 and it really is a great site. It was glitchey earlier tonight on my laptop but is ok now.

As a computer professional you understand more than most how these things can sometimes happen. Give them a chance to fix it.

• misterchet
    misterchet Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've got 30 years in the business, but it's pretty inexcusable that MFP is swamped by completely predictable spikes in usage TWO YEARS IN A ROW. I mean, come on.