Feeling gross and constipated

Options
I've been feeling super gross these last couple of days and I'm definitely constipated. There are bad things festering in my stomach and I WANT to not eat anything all day today and just take a laxative and drink green tea to detox but I don't want to "ruin" my metabolism or prevent from losing weight. But I feel sooo gross!!! I feel like if I eat ANYTHING right now I'll just add to the giant food pile not digesting in my stomach. I have to get it out!!!! What should I do?!

Replies

• tlahuiltzin
    tlahuiltzin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was also thinking of eating yogurt . . . that helps digest food, right? Or those probiotic pills? I don't know! I need help figuring this out because I REALLY don't want my body to think I'm starving and hold on to my fat.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough fibre? I had to up mine, when I'm not eating greasy fast food I need more fiber. :)
  • tlahuiltzin
    Options
    I really haven't been eating too much fiber lately. I upped my protein because I read that helps with weight loss and lots of protein has a lot of calories . . . I think this week I will up my fiber. Thanks for your response. I totally didn't even thing about analyzing my fiber levels. Been too busy keeping down fat and meeting my protein goals.
  • chantihayes
    Options
    Hey there! I add Flax to my yogurt or smoothies when I am feeling like that :)
  • tlahuiltzin
    Options
    Perfect. I have flax seed powder stuff. I'll have to use it. :)
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, yes, yogurt is a healthy way of getting things moving again. I've had a lot of success with the Activia, but I stopped eating it because it was more successful than I anticipated.

Fiber can help, but I prefer to get it from eating vegetables. If I eat a fiber bar, fiber cereal or take a fiber supplement, I get horrible gas.

Make sure you are drinking lots of water, in case that's part of the issue. Dehydration is very common when it's hot out.
  • tlahuiltzin
    Options
    haha! I love that your name is fiber artist. :)

I abused laxatives as a teenager and in my early 20's so I'm usually nervous about taking laxatives and they usually don't work on me unless they are super strong but I've had good luck with yogurt too. I also read those probiotic pills were very helpful, so are fermented foods because they also have probiotics. I'll buy some activia tomorrow to prevent this from happening to me again.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I have always had a "sitting and waiting" problem... years ago I visited a homeopathic doctor and he "prescribed" (not prescription) Magnesium Citrate capsules. His suggestion for me was to take 2 the first day and add 1 more each day until the floodgates let loose and then back it down 1 pill a day until I started on "normal" again.

That was a long-time coming... I had been having internal gas that was so horrific for years (yes years) that I would bend over and fall down and cry sometimes due to the cramps.

Now, when my body doesn't respond to the natural roughage that I give it daily, I take 2 capsules in the morning and 2 at night and I'm doing just fine in a day. I keep 3 bottles in the house at all times!

As far as I've found you can only get liquid magnesium citrate in any of the stores... so I order it from VitaCost.com.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My doctor put me on 2 activia a day it help me been eating since february. Big difference. I had to quite buying it .Its to expensive. : (
  • melindalamb
    Options
    pineapple or pineapple juice
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    drink plenty of water that will stop constipation
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I feel that way the day after I eat a lot of "wheat" stuff. Drinking a lot of water should also help flush your system.
  • luckyandme
    luckyandme Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been feeling super gross these last couple of days and I'm definitely constipated. There are bad things festering in my stomach and I WANT to not eat anything all day today and just take a laxative and drink green tea to detox but I don't want to "ruin" my metabolism or prevent from losing weight. But I feel sooo gross!!! I feel like if I eat ANYTHING right now I'll just add to the giant food pile not digesting in my stomach. I have to get it out!!!! What should I do?!

http://benefiber.com/products/index.shtml?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=benifiber&utm_campaign=Novartis_Benefiber_Search_Brand_3.11

It won't be a quick fix but it really helps keep things regular. I use the one that comes in little packets that you can mix into any liquid except carbonated ones or even soft foods like apple sauce or the milk that goes with your cereal if your going to drink it. It doesn't change the texture or taste of your food/drink like some of these powders do. It is the best one of all that I have tried so far. I find that 2 packets a day works for me. I'll mix one in with my morning tea and one in my water bottle I take to work with me. I like the packets cuz I can carry a few in my purse or keep in my desk at work this way I always have them. I even mixed them in my fruit smoothies and stuff. Good luck constipation sucks and it's a problem I've had for most of my life no matter what I do but as long as I remember to use it the benifiber really seems to help.
  • THCamel
    THCamel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I take fibre sachets after every meal which I think really helps...

Maybe some prunes too :smile:

And maybe even a Self-Administered Colonic Massage would help.... http://youtu.be/DBdWbYakqGo :tongue:
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    this is honestly not meant to be sarcastic - do you drink at all? i find if i have just one beer or mixed drink i'm flying to the bathroom!
  • SDMS
    SDMS Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have used Smooth Move herbal tea. It comes in different flavors, and it has helped me tremendously. I drank one cup before bed and about one hour after waking up the next morning, I am needing to go to the bathroom.
    Good luck!