Starting today..needing some support :)

Options
NVM87
NVM87 Posts: 57 Member
Today is my first day getting back on the bandwagon after a long break. Am hoping to give it another crack as previous attempts failed :( would love some friends to add to help me along the way! My biggest hurdle is not having the willpower to stick within my macros...feel free to add me!! Am starting off low carb then eventually keto..

Replies

• justloseit4life
    justloseit4life Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I sent u a friend request. Add me if u like
  • sannis13
    sannis13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to Keto. Yesterday was my first day and it was rough. My partner is doing this with me, but it seems to be a lot easier for him. I'd like to build a support network for myself so I can increase my chance of success.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there. Keto is very strict. Macros is much more flexible. If you couldn't stick to macros why do you think you'll stick to Keto? I'm just curious.

You don't have to eat to your macros. Macros just ensures you are getting the correct amount of protein (for muscle maintenance), fat (for hormone balance) and carbs (for energy). You can just weigh your food and eat to your calories and get the same results.

• NVM87
    Options
    sannis13 wrote: »
    I am new to Keto. Yesterday was my first day and it was rough. My partner is doing this with me, but it seems to be a lot easier for him. I'd like to build a support network for myself so I can increase my chance of success.
    I’ve tried countless times to get my husband on board! Sometimes they can make it harder..
    Sent you a friend request :)

• NVM87
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    Just throwing this out there. Keto is very strict. Macros is much more flexible. If you couldn't stick to macros why do you think you'll stick to Keto? I'm just curious.

You don't have to eat to your macros. Macros just ensures you are getting the correct amount of protein (for muscle maintenance), fat (for hormone balance) and carbs (for energy). You can just weigh your food and eat to your calories and get the same results.

I’ve done keto many times over the years. On the contrary I have found the only way I generally stick to my weight loss goals is if I’m meeting my macros..so if starting keto or even just low carbing I prefer to incorporate my macros at this early stage as I need to be accountable for everything I’m eating. I don’t personally think it’s a one size fits all type of thing I think people just need to find what works for them and this is what works best for me if I am serious about losing weight and doing it properly

• sosalina1
    sosalina1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, there I sent you a friend request, I started today and hope we can be a support for each other, best of luck to you.
  • nh2010
    nh2010 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request - add if you like. I am in the same boat as you are. This time it will succeed.