How do I track Zumba?

Options
Hi everyone! I'm brand new. I want to track Zumba in my exercise diary, but as is the case with most of these trackers, it is not an option. Has anyone attempted to put Zumba in their tracker before?

Replies

• Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    I worked mine out at http://www.zumbacalories.com/ and then I just added it to my tracker as a new exercise.
  • JenInAustin
    JenInAustin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I hope you figure it out! I've tried myself and finally guessed and posted 800 cal's for an hour class.
  • CatharinaC
    Options
    I worked mine out at http://www.zumbacalories.com/ and then I just added it to my tracker as a new exercise.

I did the same and added them to my exercises , I added low impact, medium and high so I could use which ever one I did that day
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I wore my HRM to my classes and then added a new exercise for myself that reflected this :)
  • vmccullouch
    vmccullouch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I hope you figure it out! I've tried myself and finally guessed and posted 800 cal's for an hour class.

800 seems a bit high. I've worn my heart rate monitor to a few classes and average about 450 calories for an hour of pretty high intensity zumbaing.
  • mikesnwgirl
    Options
    I just use aerobics general. The Zumba calulator is a good idea though. Thanks for sharing.
  • bblueprintlovee
    Options
    Zumbacalories.com is what I use.
  • IrishCloud
    Options
    ZUMBA ROCKS !!!!!!
  • Purecity
    Purecity Posts: 115 Member
    Options

800 seems a bit high. I've worn my heart rate monitor to a few classes and average about 450 calories for an hour of pretty high intensity zumbaing.

I believe it will vary per someones current weight.
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options

You look pretty small, for someone like myself who is over 200 lbs, it would be an easy 800 csl as that is what my calculator gave me.
  • alb3570
    alb3570 Posts: 9
    Options
    Ginny, I was over 200 lbs too. I lost some weight before I joined MFP. I am still very overweight, almost into the obese category. I need to lose at least 30 lbs, preferably 40 if I can manage it. I figured out how to track Zumba from everyone's suggestions. Thanks for the help!