30 DS - For Men? or any other Alternatives

Options
Im looking for a home routine that isnt as dedicated as P90X. I did 2 weeks of P90X, but cannot keep up with the daily routines. I am training for a Triathlon (Sept 4), Half Marathon (Oct 9), and Full Marathon (Feb 5, 2012), and after running 2 to 7 miles 3-5 days a week (depending on the day), I found it diffcult to commit to an hour of P90X everyday. I cannot work out in the AM & PM, my schedule does not allow for this.

I just downloaded the 30DS. Ive read that a lot of people have had success with this program. Is it a daily routine or can I alternate between running and 30DS on my off days? Any MEN do this program? All feedback is from females. (no discrimination intended)

Is there any other home routine DVD's out there anyone has done that is effective for toning/muscle building that does not require a 7 day a week commitment?

Ive met my weight loss goals, now Im looking to maintain/tone/build lean mass. I do not have a gym membership (waste of money IMO). I have a home gym: dumbbells (40#, 20#, 15#), adjustable bench, heavy bag w/ pull up bar, push up bars, yoga mat & blocks, & jump rope. I run 3-5 days a week (2-7 mi/day), starting Monday will be biking to work 2-3 days a week (14mi RT/day), and I hit the heavy bag 1-2 days a week (15-30 mins/day). I also train BJJ but have taken a break to train for the upcoming races.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• hstallings13
    Options
    I know I'm a chick, but just wanted to say, my husband has seen my sucess with 30DS and is really thinking about trying it, hes just trying to figure out when during the day he can do it :)
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    My bf has done 30ds with me a couple of times and thinks it is a pretty solid workout (and we have done p90x). I think alternating between 30ds and running is a fantastic idea. It would help you from getting bored with 30ds.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    There was a man in the group of people I did this with on MFP. He had great results!

In fact, they're near the bottom of this page: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/287783-jm-30-day-shred?page=15
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    My Hubby and I do the 30 DS together. He uses heavier weights than I do. We finished 30 days of it (but he didn't start doing it with me til day 10), and now are on day 17 of our second round of it. I am seeing more of a difference in myself than he is in himself, but I have 45-50 lbs to lose, and he only needs to lose 10-15. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.
  • mbulz53
    mbulz53 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I did watch part of the first level, looks like a watered down shorter P90X. Weekend BUMP for more feedback from a male perspective on 30DS.
  • mbulz53
    Options
    theres a million 30DS topics here, not one guy has any feedback???
  • mbulz53
    Options
    Sunday BUMP to the top for more feedback please! Thanks!
  • mattiexox
    Options
    30DS isn't gender specific? You can totes do it.