zig zagging calories

Options
does it REALLY work ? i am having one of those weeks again, where i gained and gained..not a whole heck of a lot, but like they say for a loss, it all adds up..ANYWHO, i was thinking of upping my cals to about 1500 ( just so i still have a limit to stay under when i close my diary at the end of the day so i can be under the goal ) and i was wondering if the zig zag really worked...i really need to jump start some loss again, and keep it gowing down, instead of having these bad weeks..thanks for the input, i look forward to the responses :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'd love to hear the responses too
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's been working for me so far.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    I've never seen any scientific evidence related to zig-zagging that has shown and real merit.

I have however, seen plenty of evidence around food choices - I.E. WHAT you eat and WHEN.

Increasing Proteins, Replaceing Grains with Greens/Vegetables and Healthy Fats particularly Omega 3's .

Most people's diary's I see on here contain alot of simple carbs with every meal while lacking all of the above. That stalls their fat burning mechanisms due to the constant release of insulin in the blood that's there to counteract the sugar spike that comes from the simple/processed carb content.

That being said....there has been evidence to support intermitten fasting now and again, but only when you know what you're doing. (I.E. Fasting does NOT mean just drinking water for 24 hours.)
  • FloatingNee
    FloatingNee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I hit a plateau I found that zig zagging worked for me as well as paying attention to the time of day that I ate. I now eat most of my calories before noon, added nuts to my breakfast, and have a light dinner (under 300 cal). Over the past two weeks I've lost 4lbs after 2 months of a plateau.
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    From what I have read, and I do not know this to be fact. You go over some days and under others.