Seriously need motivation !!

Options
Am a meal muncher !!! I graze while cooking for my family an anything inbetween really need a kick up the *kitten* to stop this habit plus i think / know am a emotional eater please help anyone else having these issues

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Everytime you grab for that comfort snack think about your "why".
  • terriannsimon1648
    Options
    I know i just really struggling with my willpower at the moment am a mom of five an sleep is not a luxury i have so grabbing on the go seems appealing until the guilt comes 😖 chasing my tail i think thanks for reply
  • Bobble11
    Bobble11 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was really hungry at lunchtime yesterday. Went to the shop, bought a salad, nearly reached for a chocolate bar. I could have worked it into my calories for the day but I'm trying to teach myself good habits. So I reached for a carrot instead.

I congratulated myself on the walk back to the office. "If you don't buy it, you can't eat it". My reward appeared this morning when I lost 1lb.

This coaching of myself works for me. It's not about the long term. It's about the small decisions you make every day. If you reach for food then have a little word with yourself. Do I need it? Can I work it into my calorie allowance for the day? If I eat this now then you realise you can't eat something else later?

As for eating emotionally - I have those days too. I try to eat at maintenance for a few days until my mood improves and then get back to a deficit.