Hi. New guy here!

Options
Banks01
Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
oh man. A couple of weeks or so ago, I stepped on the scale for the first time in a while. 192 lbs. Boom. I'm 5'8" so that's a lot for my height. I have several days of fun due to my brother's bday and I hop on the scale again, 199.8!!!!!

Time to do something. I've been working out at least two hours a day recently and have modified my diet considerably. In the past when working out, I'd yoyo on weight never really keeping it off over time.

Two reasons: too much beer :) and no tools to help maintain, track, and learn. I recently found this on my iphone and am very happy I did!

The success stories and before and after stuff is really inspirational.

So glad I found this app/place!

Replies

• kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Been using the combo of this and P90X for 2 weeks and my diet has changed drastically..love it..
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! This site is amazing and has all the tools you will need. Good luck hitting your goal!! :happy:
  • Banks01
    Options
    Been using the combo of this and P90X for 2 weeks and my diet has changed drastically..love it..

I've been playing with the P90 stuff too. Switching back and forth between that and free weights and the dread mill and stationary bike.
  • Banks01
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! This site is amazing and has all the tools you will need. Good luck hitting your goal!! :happy:

Loving the barcode scanner!
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    Dread mill! HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA! I feel that way about it too.

Welcome. This is a great site with some motivating and encouraging folks!
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    welcome toby.....hope your journey is sucessful! best wishes....it is an awesome support system
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options

The barcode scanner is great!! I use it a lot but you have to check it because it is not always the item it scans.
    I don't really understand that but calories etc. are different. Good luck with your weight loss goals.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome to MFP!
    I joined in June 2011 and I'm addicted to this site! :tongue:
    I'm sure you're going to love it and I wish you success on your journey!

If you haven't noticed there's a friends site, blogging and lots of food and exercise tips. If you need recipes you can try the Community resource and Reports helps you track your success.

Enjoy! :happy:
    Monica :heart:
  • Banks01
    Options

The barcode scanner is great!! I use it a lot but you have to check it because it is not always the item it scans.
    I don't really understand that but calories etc. are different. Good luck with your weight loss goals.

After entering 4 or 5 things manually this am for my morning smoothie, the scanner really helped later in the day.

It's easy for full packages, but I haven't figured out the way add just portions used. Like a cup of frozen berries
  • Banks01
    Options
    Hello and Welcome to MFP!
    I joined in June 2011 and I'm addicted to this site! :tongue:
    I'm sure you're going to love it and I wish you success on your journey!

If you haven't noticed there's a friends site, blogging and lots of food and exercise tips. If you need recipes you can try the Community resource and Reports helps you track your success.

Enjoy! :happy:
    Monica :heart:

Sweet. Will do. Thanks for the tip
  • hickeyt2
    Options
    Hi Just joined too. Good luck.

Tracy
  • Marinakiava
    Options
    Hi Alllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Banks01
    Options
    I think I'll friend everyone who says hi here :)
  • jaci34
    jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This site has been such a great support for me and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!! Good luck!! You can do it!
  • Banks01
    Options
    Welcome!! This site has been such a great support for me and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!! Good luck!! You can do it!

Definitely impressed so far
  • karyngrace
    karyngrace Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    hey welcome to mfp!!! I joined this site a while back and so far its been my number one weightloss tool....(apart from my ipod i'd go nuts without music! haha!) its so awesome to read all the encouraging comments all my mfp peeps leave, so anyone feel free to add me, you can never have too many friends!!
  • danssmith
    Options
    welcome. You'll find the site and support should get you to your goals. And great that you are nipping it in the bud before it gets out of hand. Wish I had!
  • kippit
    kippit Posts: 78
    Options
    WELCOME!!!
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday. It is inspirational. My husband cut out beer and switched to red wine and he lost like 20 lbs a couple years ago! Working out two hours? WOW
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Hello and good luck ! Love the site also. The food tracker is great. I figure out and pre-plan my day in advance and it really helps keep me on track. Feel free to add me if you need some friends. That helps alot too. Good luck :happy: