Hello fit friends

Options
Starting back up after 2 years away from healthy eating and working out. I lost my passion and drive and went from 147 to 200 pounds in 2 years but now it’s time to get back to work. Looking for motivational people and also some help with food. I know how to eat and count my macros but have been grossed out with chicken and turkey which is why I gave up. I need to find other protein alternatives to get back to my goals. I look forward to meeting some new people and getting back to motivating each other.

Replies

• daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Also looking for high protein low calorie foods. Keep it simple please.
  • fit4life305
    fit4life305 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Besides chicken and meats?
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Grilled or baked fish of all kinds, tuna, beans. I still eat lean pork chops occasionally. I drink Premier Protein drinks to add protein to my diet (NOT a meal replacement...just to add some protein)...plus there are some pretty good protein bars (Pure Protein and Robert Irvine's Fitcrunch bars) for the same purpose. Eggs are a good protein source.
  • BMsJourney
    BMsJourney Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    ^Tuna & beans are good suggestions..
    Also, lean ground beef, prawns/scampi etc...

foodnetwork.co.uk seems to have some interesting recipies if you search for "lean protein" (although I have not tried any of them myself...)

Good luck!
  • NSthingoldline
    NSthingoldline Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I get most of my protein from fish, eggs, legumes and seeds like quinoa.
  • fit4life305
    fit4life305 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Been trying a lot of lentils, garbanzos and slowly trying to do chicken breast again. I find fish as the cleanest option and egg whites lately. Doing good for last two weeks tho.