Coffee ideas

Options
I am used to drinking a venti skinny carmel latte every morning for several years..haha
I am trying to switch to something at Dunkin that is sweet, yet not so full of carbs and calories. Today I tried a medium coffee with one sugar packet with almond milk. It was ok, but not great. Any ideas? I don't want to make it at home so please only suggestions for drive-thru.

Replies

• mattprice240
    mattprice240 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Americano with skimmed milk and an artificial sweetener.
  • leenie2425
    leenie2425 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks...forgot to say trying to stay away from artificial sweetener...
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Do they do sugar free syrups?
    Sugar free caramel cappuccino or white Americano might work out a fair amount less?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    leenie2425 wrote: »

Sugar is a source of carbohydrates and calories. The goals to cut both, have a sweet drink, and avoid artificial sweeteners may not be doable. You may have to decide which are most important to you and compromise somewhere.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    leenie2425 wrote: »

Sugar is a source of carbohydrates and calories. The goals to cut both, have a sweet drink, and avoid artificial sweeteners may not be doable. You may have to decide which are most important to you and compromise somewhere.

beat me to it...

If you want something sweet, there's nothing wrong with artificial sweeteners.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Why almond milk ? It's not calorie free and you won't get the calcium that cow's milk provides.
  • spilledmilk
    spilledmilk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If you were ordering a skinny latte, they were already using sugar-free syrups (aka artificial sweeteners). Try ordering a plain coffee with 2 pumps sugar-free syrup. Once you train yourself to favor a less-sweet drink, you'll wonder how you could drink something so sweet to begin with... trust me!