Having a setback

Options
Hello everyone, I haven't checked in a few days had death in my family lost my favorite auntie and yes I did eat. I started back today however, every pound I lost I gained back within 5 days. Anyhow am back with a vengeance.

Replies

• RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Sorry you've had a setback and a loss in the family. The most important thing is to allow yourself time to heal and move forward at your own pace. Good luck on your journey ❤️
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I haven't checked in a few days had death in my family lost my favorite auntie and yes I did eat. I started back today however, every pound I lost I gained back within 5 days. Anyhow am back with a vengeance.

I'm sorry to hear of your aunt passing away. But very glad you're back with a vengeance. Just remember how happy and proud it will make her, when she looks down and sees you living your life thriving, at goal, and healthy. You will do this Daphne. <3
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    I’ve learned that the best way to deal with real life things is to take care of myself. Mentally and physically and then you will feel better after than you think you should
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options

the majority of people are overweight because of emotional eating. Food is tied to comfort, excitement, romannce, power, priviledge...everything. So make sense it would be something you turn to. But it's just, as you mention, a set back. Start again, and start losing again. Don't think anything of it.

And sorry for your loss.
  • pcbossack31
    pcbossack31 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear that you had a death in your family. Emotional eating plays a huge part in peoples' lives more than they know. I am like that, too, but I try to just ration my portions when I do emotionally eat. Good luck in your journey.