Dry January! Who wants to join me?

SallyLuvsFitness
SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
I have a love for vino and have decided I am ready for a dry January! Anyone want to join this challenge and keep each other accountable? Check ins, inspiration! I am going to weigh myself on Wednesdays at the beginning of the year.

All the BEST!

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    In January 2018, three online running friends did Dry January. They made me think about my daily 2-3 large drinks, and try a long-overdue day off on February 1.

One day off led to another, and another. I haven't drunk since, and have been taking it one day at a time and just enjoying the health benefits.

I think I'm ready to commit to a goal of Dry January, because at the end of it it will be 12 months for me! :smiley:
  • Orphia
    Hey, this might help some of you, just found in my emails today.

This is the app for Dry January, now updated and called Dry Days by AlcoChange.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/dry-january-beyond/id1062948603?mt=8

"The Dry Days app is for those who want to cut down or cut out the booze throughout the year, while seeing the impact it has on your overall health and wallet.

"The app has been powered by CyberLiver's behaviour change platform to help you change your drinking by keeping track of your drinking, sleep, mood and drinks.

"The app helps you track your daily progress and motivates you to stay dry with personalised messages, tips and tricks."
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Really cool app! Thanks for sharing.
  • Orphia
    Have a great Christmas/holiday season!

I'm looking forward to January.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Me too!
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    I would like to join as well!
  • fitasacello
    fitasacello Posts: 34 Member
    Count me in!
    I was drinking a lot after work every single day, but I’ve now had three days this week where I completely abstained. :smile:

Keep wondering if I want to not drink on New Years Eve to cement the commitment or have the one last send off...
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    This is the app for Dry January, now updated and called Dry Days by AlcoChange.
    https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/dry-january-beyond/id1062948603?mt=8
    "The Dry Days app is for those who want to cut down or cut out the booze throughout the year, while seeing the impact it has on your overall health and wallet.

A public service announcement/FYI: I did Dry January in 2018 too and I'm on their mailing list. Got this email on 12/22:
    Hello,
    Today you may have received an email about the app ‘Dry Days’ from someone named ‘Sophia Taylor’. Dry Days is run by the previous provider of the Dry January app, a company called Cyberliver/Zanec, but is no longer connected with Dry January. Dry Days is not the Dry January app.
    The new, official Dry January app is called Try Dry: the Dry January app, and you can find out more about it here.
    https://alcoholchange.org.uk/get-involved/campaigns/dry-january/get-involved/the-dry-january-app?utm_source=Dry+January+2015-18+app+users+-+DATA+EMAIL&utm_campaign=4b6aa2098e-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_12_21_04_53_COPY_06&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_887364c8b4-4b6aa2098e-77897597

• tuttech
    tuttech Posts: 5 Member
    I'm in and looking forward to the challenge!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Hi all! Thanks for joining me in dry January!
  • Acewisdom40
    Acewisdom40 Posts: 5 Member
    I wanna join too.....had 2 cheeky pints today but now that's over and I start back to work tomorrow soIm going to take it serious and start dry jan tomorrow. No more slip ups
  • ancurtis
    ancurtis Posts: 68 Member
    I'm in!
  • fitasacello
    fitasacello Posts: 34 Member
    I downloaded the Dry Days app and I love it! I’ve been completely off alcohol (except for one special drink that was a toast).
    I went to a bar for a private party, nursed a seltzer, and didn’t comment to anyone about not drinking— the best approach for me.

Is January almost over yet :# ?