OMG, that looks like so much!

Options
yirara
yirara Posts: 9,398 Member

You cook something, look at the calorie count an the amount of food and thing: something's off here! This seems to be happening a lot lately. Today I made tuna pasta. I though I'd used wrong entries, but they are fine indeed. For two days I used:

160gr spiral pasta
400gr tinned tomatoes
10gr olive oil
4gr sugar
10ml lemon juice
30gr black olives (poor idea, doesn't fit to the meal)
210gr tuna in brine
140gr onion

I looked at my bowl after serving about half of it and thought: That IS a lot. Do you know that feeling?

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    That's what I call a snack! Lol😅
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    The only time a meal feels like a lot of food (for a reasonable amount of calories) is when I'm having a kale salad :lol:
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm eating a lot of vegetables and fruit right now and I definitely look at some my meals and think to myself that the quantity of foods I'm eating is a bit ridiculous lol. When one has to use a large mixing bowl for a salad that does stand out as a bit 'odd' :#
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

Well, my dinners tend to be between 500-600kcal as I'm mostly maintaining and am loving my snacks... :D
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I eat salads, often with two heads of romaine, out of a large mixing bowl most nights and my husband thinks it's a hilarious quantity of food, but with a can of tuna, some lemon juice and olive oil, and a bunch of chopped vegetables it usually clocks in around 400 calories, which is a totally reasonable total for dinner for me as I also love an evening snack. I'm pretty sure I eat over a pound of raw vegetables at once but idc.
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Yesterday the dinner I made wouldn't fit in a bowl and I had to eat it from a 6-cup Pyrex container. It was pasta salad made from whole-wheat and chickpea rotini with tomatoes and sauteed spinach. It was 782 calories which is not bad for dinner, especially when you usually eat two meals a day plus snacks like me. But when you eat more wet foods and more produce it takes up more space. I can never make a salad that actually fits my bowls either especially if it has protein of some sort on top of it. My bowls are only about 3 cups but I haven't seen many bigger ones in the stores.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »

Well, my dinners tend to be between 500-600kcal as I'm mostly maintaining and am loving my snacks... :D

I like the meal. Sounds very voluminous..