What advice would you give to people if YOU had to date your Ex?

Options
crampus1
crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
edited January 2019 in Chit-Chat
If YOU had to date your Ex, what kind of advice would you give? What would you tell yourself? What would you tell your Ex? Would you have advice for other people....maybe someone who split you up, in-laws, etc? What advice would you give?

Replies

• crampus1
    Options
    If I HAD to date my ex bf , I’d tell Him that I’m a pretty damn good catch so he better try a little harder to hold on to me.
  • crampus1
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    I'd tell myself to just kill myself if I seriously thought about getting back with my ex. Exes are exes for a reason. What's done is done.

So your advice to yourself would be RUN!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The only person I would really consider to be my ex girlfriend would be my high school sweet heart. All the girls in between her and my eventual wife were just pretty casual dating for 2-3 months or whatever.

I don't think I'd really say anything. We had a good time for 1.5 years...nothing really bad happened to end things. We graduated and she moved to Texas for school and I joined the military and moved to California. We tried to do the long distance thing for a bit, but we were both broke so we'd only see each other when we were back in Albuquerque at the same time...calling was difficult too because this was long before the age of cell phones and long distance calls could get pricey. Time and distance ultimately did it's thing, which is ok because we're both very different people from who we were at 17/18 so it wouldn't have worked out anyway.

Ironically, we both ended up back in Albuquerque and we're still friends...she's actually my acupuncture therapist on those rare occasions when I need some needling done. I wouldn't date her now, even if we were both single...we're just very different people and don't really have many commonalities.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    ex-wife...maybe don't feel so bad about pushing her away from her family a bit. if anything you should've tried harder. she's too kindhearted to stop them treating her bad. and it's never gonna get any easier listening to her cry because of something else mean and stupid they said to her. she doesn't deserve to be anybody's punching bag, let alone from her own family.

the other one...man just enjoy the time ya'll have. you already did enjoy it tbf, and those shiny beautiful years have never faded in memory or happiness. they probably won't ever. it's gonna run its course eventually though and there's nothing that you or her can do to stop that. so just enjoy it. go more and do more with her. you won't be anything with her when its over, but nothing ever erases what you were once.

another one...just bail dude. you're blind to everything because you wanna be blind. because you fell in love with this dream that was never gonna come true. that path ain't for you, and it ain't ever gonna be her. walk clean the first time she says hi.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    If you are dating my ex, and need to be somewhere at a specific time, tell him he needs to be there 40 minutes earlier than he actually does. That way he might actually get there on time.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself to enjoy the ride. To soak up those long laughs while simply enjoying each other presence. I’d say you won’t be able to stop her from going back to her ex and the horrible way he treated her.

I’d tell myself to not let her come pick you up from the bar. It only confuses the situation and sets you back in the healing process.

When she calls you crying do the exact same as you did. Tell her it’s ok, that she had to follow her heart and you wish her all the happiness in the world. Tell her you forgive her and hang up. That phone call and the way you handle it will help you find peace in more ways than you can imagine.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Get Help
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    Get Help

😂🤣
  • The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_
    Options
    Don't think of trying to take a video, it's only going to be a gif.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    Get Help

😂🤣

This is the most serious thing I’ve ever posted
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    Get Help

😂🤣

I’m sorry man. Just the simplicity makes it hilarious.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    Get Help

😂🤣

I’m sorry man. Just the simplicity makes it hilarious.

🤗🤗 nothing to be sorry for
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    After she cheats the first time. Run away she not worth the heart pain
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    The only way that could happen is if I asked him on the date because that's how we got together. He never asked me out, I asked him out. Because, like, Womens' Lib and stuff.

So if I had to ask him out on a date again I'd say, "Pick me up at 10:30 am on Sunday morning and let's go to church. The sermon will be about the importance of fleeing fornication, in other words, no pre-marital sex. That's something that's very important to me and I'm sure you understand."

That would guarantee there would be no second date and what a wonderful thing that would be. I mean, kitten, if I'd played my cards that way in the 90s, I wouldn't still be having nightmares about this ancient history trainwreck today.