NSV Goal - plane seatbelt

Options
My biggest NSV goal is being able to do up the plane seatbelt and NOT ask for an extender. Does anyone remember around what weight they were when they hit this? I realize many factors will change this but looking for a general idea. (I'm 5'5) Any others have this goal?

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I understand. I am the same height as you but I always managed to get the seatbelt done up before I lost although I remember it was pretty tight at 230 pounds (my highest weight was 251 but I didn't fly at that time). I think it depends on where you carry your weight to be honest because the seatbelt actually seems to run over your thighs and hips more than waist and I always had pretty small legs in relation to my waist. You'll get there tho. I'm willing to bet it will come sooner than you think!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    It is always good to have NSV's to aim for. I have a leather skirt that needs just a few more inches lost to get into it.

I haven't had the seat belt problem myself for a long time but I do remember when it was touch and go regarding the extender I weighed around 280 lbs I can't remember my waist size though. It was a long time ago and I am pretty sure seats were bigger then.

I was intrigued and am a curious person so I googled this.

And apparently the seat belt length varies quite a lot according to operator/plane type anywhere from 25" to 55" (I did not realise this). Also you can buy universal extenders from Amazon for £10.

Google world is full of fun info :)