In a month, no matter how you feel now, you will be feeling better
  • pablodeleon1112
    pablodeleon1112 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you, wish me luck
  • Dyrum5309
    Dyrum5309 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pablo, I started Keto last week. I have been using the Keto strips to help keep me on track. Lost 11.6 lbs first week. I am planning my meals 3-4 days in advance to help. I have found the youtuber Thomas Delauer helpful when it comes to Keto information.
  • perplexingme
    perplexingme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did the Keto diet for 3 months and lost 25lbs - though it seems to work much faster for others. I also included intermittent fasting into my daily routine (8/16), so that helped.
    The absolute best advice I can give to stick through the diet is to start off simple. There are thousands of fancy recipes, foods, ingredients, etc that you can do for Keto, but it is *very* overwhelming at first. My recommendation - don't go out and purchase 10lbs of almond flour, 16 avocados, monk fruit, etc..... Just work on first cutting out carbs. Mainly rice, pasta, white veggies, fruits, sweets. Look up everything to see what carb content it has - there's a lot of things that would surprise you with it's carb content. I didn't start with fancy recipes - ex - instead of a full breakfast of eggs, bacon, toast, jelly, I would just eat the eggs and bacon. Then, I worked my way up to finding a simple recipe for keto bread.
    Drink a lot of water and in the beginning, you might want to incorporate electrolytes to prevent Keto Flu.
    It really does become easier in time. Allow yourself cheat days, within reason (I go for 1 or 2 cheat days a month, depending on events). If you have something to look forward to, it makes the rest of the diet time easier to do.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I no longer do keto but first of all make sure sodium is 3500-5000 mg per day. when you first start keto your body depeletes water and glycogen so the big amounts of loss will be that. you still need to be in a calorie deficit and make sure you get enough magnesium and potassium as well. keto flu is caused from basically an electrolyte balance from the water and glycogen being depleted. Its also not a special fat burning diet. the fat you burn is dietary fat,fat comes off in a deficit and only so much is burned a day.

its also possible to gain weight on keto if you dont watch your calories. you cannot eat as much as you want and still lose weight. it doesnt work that way and as for a month in feeling better wont be the case for everyone. keto for me was the worst experience I ever had, I had brain fog,was lethargic,my rheumatoid arthritis became 10x worse, my cholesterol(which is genetic) went through the roof, I could not funtion properly, I barely could get out of bed(I did it for two months and didnt get the keto flu as I knew what to do before I started it).

but let me tell you for me my health started deteriorating fast. I almost went to the ER because I felt like my body was shutting down. hubby told me to stop keto and as time went out my health starting to improve again.within a week I was able to function better and had more energy. what I am saying is if after awhile you dont feel any better stop doing keto. its not a cure all,and its not sustainable or healthy for everyone. as for cheat days if you must have one still watch your calories as one cheat day can wipe out a whole weeks deficit .I have no more issues since I stopped keto.

so anyone starting it be wary as to what can happen when doing keto even the proper way. for some it will make health issues worse. I dont know what percentage that is but there are quite a few people here who keto did nothing for.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Focus on the ability to stay off carbs before perfecting macros
    Second week is the hardest, stay strong
    Take a multivitamin
    In the first few weeks drink tons of water
    In a month, no matter how you feel now, you will be feeling better

you still eat some carbs in keto just low amounts. most eat leafy greens and berries as their carbs.
  • melalexdave
    melalexdave Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I plan all my meals ahead of time and make sure i have food ready for when i need a snack
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals for the week. Include snack items that are quick (pickles, olives, pepperoni, Cheese, keto friendly lunch meat etc). Keep it simple Meat and low carb veggie.
    Get in your electrolytes! Drink pickle juice. Salt your food, use sugar free powerade or mio w/ electrolytes. Whatever.
    Stay about 20 NET carbs and under a day. Track your food at first so you'll know how much of everything you're eating. Hit your protein macro every day.
    At first you might get extremely hungry as you adjust to this way of eating. Just eat. Keto options of course, but just eat until you get used to it.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    Plan your meals for the week. Include snack items that are quick (pickles, olives, pepperoni, Cheese, keto friendly lunch meat etc). Keep it simple Meat and low carb veggie.
    Get in your electrolytes! Drink pickle juice. Salt your food, use sugar free powerade or mio w/ electrolytes. Whatever.
    Stay about 20 NET carbs and under a day. Track your food at first so you'll know how much of everything you're eating. Hit your protein macro every day.
    At first you might get extremely hungry as you adjust to this way of eating. Just eat. Keto options of course, but just eat until you get used to it.

keto is 50g net carbs or less most eat 20g or less. some can eat more than the 50 and still be in ketosis,depending on their activity level as well.so it will vary person to person.I would just starting out go with the 50g net and go from there and adjust as you see fit. might make the transition easier as well.