Intermittent Fasting Anyone?

Options
Looking to make this a lifestyle!

Replies

• AnnabellaxRinger
    AnnabellaxRinger Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 16:8 IF right now and am on day 8! It was really hard to get used to the first couple of days, and then it just has become second nature. I'm re-evaluating my relationship with food for sure (I'm an emotional eater) and now look forward to eating when appropriate versus binging whenever I wanted, haha.
    If you want someone for motivation, I'd be happy to help!

I'm also building a group (just started today) that's based on IF for women specifically, and although there aren't any members yet (I'm adding and adding) I'd be thrilled if you wanted to join!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/130165-intermittent-fasting-for-women-16-8-5-2-and-more

It's a private group, so the public can't see the discussions or anything like that, hopefully encouraging more people to ask questions and share their experiences. :smile:
  • kimhillsimon
    kimhillsimon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also started IF about a week ago. I would love to join your group for motivation and tips and tricks.
  • lorilynn_27
    lorilynn_27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is it how does it work?
  • Paschen81
    Paschen81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I too would like to join but when I try to join the window hangs and I'm sent back to my home screen
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hi! Also interested in joining the group above. I've been doing IF on and off for the past 18 months. Lost a total of 25 lbs, but gained 5 back after a schedule change in the fall. I've been back to IF for the past couple weeks and already feel so much better!

I do OMAD (one meal a day), basically 20:4.
  • Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Tried it... not for me. I applaud anyone that can make it a permanent lifestyle.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    What is it how does it work?

It's an eating schedule. In 16:8 you limit your calorie intake to an 8 hour window (or less). In 5:2 you eat at maintenance for 5 days, and on 2 non consecutive days you eat very low cal, I believe 500 cals to 800 cals. Some people find it helps control their appetite and habitual over eating.

I was never hungry when I woke up so I started skipping breakfast and accidentally doing 16:8. I found I just didn't get hungry until lunch time so had more calories to spend in the afternoon/evening. Then for whatever reason I started waking up super hungry and after a few weeks I switched to a more spread out eating schedule. So now I have to use other strategies to stick to my calories, luckily I'm in maintenance now so I have a few more calories to play with :smile:
  • terryad04
    terryad04 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It helps a little. You just need a little help and motivation of not over eating at times. I can use the help or we can help each other
  • AnnabellaxRinger
    AnnabellaxRinger Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am just seeing this now! I'm sorry the link didn't work - I will send an invite for those that were interested. You should be able to view it under 'groups' in the community tab. Thanks guys!
  • WW1984
    WW1984 Posts: 145 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    tvo0vrv4dgp8.jpeg
    I too do 16:8 IF. I’ve lost 22 lbs since 11/26/2018 and IF has helped me to understand that I should eat to live and NOT live to eat. I should be able to lose the remaining 10 lbs by 2/14. 😊
  • malissafife
    malissafife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started intermittent fasting in September or October. I also completed 16:8. It was hard at first but became second nature. I noticed I had mental clarity, I had more energy, and overall felt better. I lost 21 pounds, and my husband lost 43 pounds! We stopped IF during the holidays but we plan on going back.

I also would love to join the group, so I submitted my reason for joining. Then it took me to the same page??
  • Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    It wont let me star the community so as i can easily find it. Any suggestions please?
  • Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    This fasting really does work just weighed and measured myself:

Weight 6lb lost
    Waist 1inch list
    Hips 1 inch lost

Thats good news for the other fast days.