Plateau

Options
What do you guys do when you feel like you're just staying the same and not losing weight?Ever since coming back from my vacation, I feel like i havent been seeing results anymore and just stay at around 160. Any tips on how to start seeing results again?

Replies

• TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    What do you guys do when you feel like you're just staying the same and not losing weight?Ever since coming back from my vacation, I feel like i havent been seeing results anymore and just stay at around 160. Any tips on how to start seeing results again?
    Watch your sodium intake. drink your water, up your exercise.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Shake things up! Find an intense activity to do something you wouldn't ordinarily do. Last time I was stalled it took a camping trip with 5 days of being very active. When I came back things were moving again..
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Well without seeing your diary or knowing how long you have been stuck, it's hard to say, that being said here are a few things to think about...

Up your calorie intake if you are only taking in 1200 calories and if you don't eat any exercise calories
    Drink more water
    Watch your sodium
    Add more cardio exercises
    Try to zigzag calories

If you have been stuck for awhile now, your body needs something different....you may not be getting enough calories in order for your body to let go of more weight...it's true you gotta eat to lose...

If you want to put your diary out there for the public it would be easier for others to help you out...just a suggestion sweetie.
    Hope this helps.
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    Our bodies are a smart piece of machinery. They can adapt to what we do to them. You can't let that happen. Muscle confusion is the best thing to do to see results. I do agree that if you're only taking in about 1200 calories a day, to up them a little. *SNACKS* Snacks are important I think. Your metabolism works better if you eat either every 2 to 3 hours or every 3 to 4 hours. *WATER* You have to drink lots of water. Drinking lots of water helps you to keep your system flushed. So just don't get stuck on the same routine. Switch thing up!

Good luck to you :)
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I haven't been seeing results either, but I am going to take the advice that is given to you to see if it would work for me.
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    try zig zagging! it has worked for me and a couple friends here on MFP!
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    When I hit a plateau. I kept trying different things. I finally found one that worked for me.
    That is lowered my carbs a little and ate more protein. I eat a lot of non starchy veggies. Especially salad.
    I also cut back my cardio to 2 days a week and do cirucuit training and strength training 3 days
    a week. It seems to be working for me.
  • vtakougang
    Options
    i think i will start making my diary public because since people can see what im eating, it will inspire me to eat better. thanks for all the responses! this may be a dumb question but what exactly is zig zagging?
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Most days you are eating way under your calorie goal.

If you set up MFP right to start with then the daily calorie goal that MFP gives you already has a calorie deficit built in to lose weight. That said, you should eat close to the calorie goal MFP gives you each day including eating back most of your exercise calories. By not eating enough you are very likely to causing your body to hang onto the fat it has. Sounds counter-intuitive but that's just the way it is.
  • futureformerfatgirl
    Options
    Zig zagging is upping and lowering your calories for a period of time. It confuses your system and works your metabolism. I'm sure there is a better definition but this is mine and I do it. :) I
  • ebjr
    ebjr Posts: 7
    Options
    If all else fails, you may just need a break for a week. That's helped me. Keep watching the diet and leave the workout routine aside for a week. Then when you do go back, start with a completely new routine such HIIT on the elliptical or light weight HIIT instead of cardio.
    HTH and Good luck!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Eat more!
    Specifically, eat more fruit and veggies and wholegrains and lean proteins like eggs or chicken or tuna.

I had a quick look at your diary and you seem to be under your calories most days. I know it feels like eating less should make you lose more, but you have to remember that your body NEEDS good fuel to give it energy to get through they day and if you don't eat enough good food you aren't helping yourself.

Squeeze in as many veggies and fruit as you can (I didn't see many in there when I looked), they give you heaps of nutrition and not a lot of extra calories.

But mostly, don't give up! I got stuck at around the same weight for about 5 weeks and decided that I wasn't going to use this as an excuse to give up. I kept exercising (mostly running or walking) plus ate all my calorie allowance every day and suddenly last week the scale started moving down again.

There are lots of great ideas here, try any of them you like, but just don't give up!!!