♥Carolinamomma3♥ Weekly Challenge 8/22-8/26

Options
Are you looking to tone up those flabby arms a little. You know, that specific part on the back of your arm that jiggles and wiggles when you waive! Well, here is a triceps workouts below that I finf to help tighten, tone and sculpt mine so you can really show them off.. this workout is really for anyone So Let's Have fun!

Tricep Kickbacks...(( 2 Sets of 12))

1.Hold a medium weight in both hands and bend over until your torso is at a 45-degree angle or parallel to the floor (more advanced). Bend the knees if needed and keep the abs engaged to protect the lower back.
2.Begin the movement by bending the arms and pulling the elbows up to torso level.
3.Holding that position, straighten the arms out behind you, squeezing the triceps muscles.
4.Bend the arms back to starting position and repeat for 10-16 reps.

Skull Crushers...((2 sets of 15))

1.Lie on the floor or a bench and hold a light-medium barbell with the hands close together, about shoulder-width apart.
2.Extend the arms straight up over the chest, palms face out and thumbs wrapped around so that they're next to the fingers.
3.Bend the elbows and lower the the weight down to a few inches above the forehead or until the elbows at about 90-degree angles.
4.Squeeze the triceps to straight the arms without locking the joints.

Triangle Pushups....((2 sets of 15))

1.Begin the move by positioning the hands on the mat directly under the chest with the fingers spread and the thumbs and forefingers touching, making a triangle shape.
2.Straighten the legs into a plank position (harder) or keep the knees on the floor for an easier version.
3.Make sure the back is flat and the abs are engaged as you bend the elbows, lowering until your chin or chest touches the mat. If you can't go that low, go as low as you can and work to build enough strength to lower all the way down over time.
4.At the bottom of the movement, your elbows will naturally flare out to the side.

One Arm Triceps Pushups...

1.Lie on your right side with the knees bent and the hips stacked.
2.Wrap the bottom arm around the waist and place the left hand on the floor in front of you.
3.The fingers should point towards the right.
4.Contract the triceps to push the body up and off the floor, straightening the left arm as much as you can without locking the elbow.
5. Lower a few inches and continue pushing up and down for 8-12 reps before switching sides.

Tricep Extensions....((3 sets of 13))

1.Sit on a bench or ball (more challenging) and hold a medium weight at one end with both hands overlapping one another.
2.Take the weight straight up overhead with the arms next to the ears.
3.Lower the weight behind the head until elbows are at about 90 degree angles.
4.Squeeze the triceps to straighten the arms without locking the joints.

Do this Workout Monday - Friday!!!!

Hope you all enjoy.. Love you Bunches.. ~Rachel

Replies

• audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    damn, I wish there were pics! Im a visual gal ! lol..sounds like a great workout!
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    Is this a group thing? I'm totally doing your weekly challenge regardless
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Is this a group thing? I'm totally doing your weekly challenge regardless

No Anyone Can Join.. I change up the exercises weekly.. Enjoy ;)
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Audigal: Just google them and you will get pics or videos.
  • nastytater
    nastytater Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey,this is right up my alley again this week...Thanks...Going to work this into my routine starting tomorrow.
  • ladyluck4210
    ladyluck4210 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Not sure I can do the 1 armed push ups...but I'll do what I can. This is something that I have really been wanted to work on (my arms)! Now that I am back home I should be able to do this! :-)
  • sailorsbabydoll
    sailorsbabydoll Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Definitely will be trying this out!
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That is a problem area for me.....I am going to try to do this!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Bump for tomorrow
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Bumping this for later!
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    bump