IHop Simple & Fit Menu!!!

Options
Hello everyone! So I recently discovered the I-Hop "Simple & Fit" menu! Breakfast meals that aren't high in calories or sodium.. has anyone tried anything from here? Is it as healthier than other items as it seems? I haven't been out to any restaurants as much lately unless it's a special occasion due to eating healthy & focusing on losing weight.. sucks :( Lol so I'd love feedback on some healthy options when dining out!

Replies

• jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    I am not famiar with that menu but I have been able to enjoy going out to restaurants moreso lately by adjusting regular items on the menu to meet my need. For example replacing fries with a side salad or cottage cheese or requesting whole grain breads etc. I have found, with a couple special request, I can make any restaurant work. Italian and Chinese restaurants are the most challenging.
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I had some spinach and mushroom omelet there that wasn't too high calorie-wise, although to be honest, it was pretty gross D:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I usually stick to grilled chicken salads or a soups. I have tried the IHop meals and they are good.
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    To be honest I treat myself to eating out at least once a week - I try and do IHOP 1 or 2 Saturdays...:happy:

It's just what I do, because this is my lifestyle change...and I know I wouldn't be able to restrict myself for the rest of my life.

I do and try and make the healthier choices when I eat out...so I don't eat like I use to, but I still enjoy a meal out...just remember cook more at home then you eat out.
  • KnightsGal76
    KnightsGal76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have tried many of the simple and fit items on the ihop menu - they are very good in taste and size and it was nice to be able to go out with friends and still stay on plan :)
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I had a bowl of their vegetable beef soup and some sour dough toast for lunch Friday. I've had their salmon in the past, sauce on the side.
    Ruby Tuesday has a few lower cal. offerings. Their roasted spaghetti squash is very good.
  • tonitiger26
    tonitiger26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The omlette they have on that part if the menu is really good.
    3142553.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Cokamo
    Cokamo Posts: 51
    Options
    I LOVE the Simple and Fit Harvest Grain and Nut combo...yummo!!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I had the simple 3 or whatever it's called with the pancakes, turkey bacon, and eggs and it was delicious :)
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That sound good! Haven't tried IHOP yet, but I went to a Denny's in NJ a few weeks ago and they had a healthy menu that was really, really good!! I also try to check restauraunt websites b/c sometimes they have foods that are lower in calories even if they aren't on the healthy menu.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    To be honest I treat myself to eating out at least once a week - I try and do IHOP 1 or 2 Saturdays...:happy:

It's just what I do, because this is my lifestyle change...and I know I wouldn't be able to restrict myself for the rest of my life.

I do and try and make the healthier choices when I eat out...so I don't eat like I use to, but I still enjoy a meal out...just remember cook more at home then you eat out.

LOVE this. I should really say this to myself.. I always feel so guilty eating out but it's true to be able to have yourself a good, delicious cheat meal once a week or every now & then!!
  • Sissyprince
    Options
    I take my home bound mother out to eat at least once a week, we live in a small town and IHOP is one of the few restaurant choices we have that offer healthy and low calorie choices. I regularly have the Simple & Fit Vegetable Omelet (320 cals) includes fresh fruit and it is very good. Sometimes I add turkey bacon and it is good too. Also I have had the Simple & Fit Chicken Sandwich/Burger thing and it was good too.