calories in a meal

Options
Curious as to how many calories are too much in one sitting. I do well with staying in my calories but often consume a good portion at one meal instead of spacing throughout the day.

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I average around 400 per meal.
    Some a little more, some a little less.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i don't think there's necessarily "too much" in one sitting, but it IS better to eat throughout the day not only to keep your blood sugar from spiking, but also to prevent yourself from going too wild when you do sit down to a meal. i'd say on average i am around 400 per meal.
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    I find my scale is more friendly when I space out my calories... breakfast is usually about 350 to 400... so are dinner & lunch... and when I exercise, i try to add in snax , but I try to keep the calories spread out throughout the day.

good luck
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    There is no limit. You can eat your entire daily limit in calories in one sitting and you'll be fine.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    There is no limit. You can eat your entire daily limit in calories in one sitting and you'll be fine.

That's what I end up doing on I.F. days...nothing till 5 or 6 PM then a 1500 cal dinner.

Works fine.
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options

That's what I end up doing on I.F. days...nothing till 5 or 6 PM then a 1500 cal dinner.

Works fine.

Yep! It does work fine.
  • keleraba
    Options
    It all depends on what feels the best for you. Since I constantly obsess about the food, in my case 4 meals of about 200 cal work the best, and then some healthy snacks in between. So, I am always eating something, never feel hungry or, God forbid, restricted. If I had to wait the whole day for those 1,500 cal meals, I would be chewing on furniture in the meantime.