New mommy and looking to get active again!

Options
Hey all!

I'm not new to My Fitness Pal but I did decide to create a new account for some odd reason I don't remember at the moment (there was some reason, I swear...) Anyway, I had my first son in November and at first, weightloss was going well but for all the wrong reasons! Now I'm ready to get active again and start losing in my free time since I go back to work soon. I'm looking for new friends with similar goals and situations - male or female, young or old, I don't care! Let's make new friends! Feel free to leave a little something about yourself here as well!

Like I said, I'm a new mom, married, 2 cats, 5'4" and 250ish pounds. This is the highest weight I have ever been. I was large in high school but I maxed out somewhere around 240, lost a ton of weight from 2011 to 2013, hovered around 180 for 2 years then I was in a near catastrophic accident that helped me to quickly gain back up to 220, which I maintained for about a year and then I got married and got pregnant! I'm a retail manager and I enjoy reading, music, netflix, coffee, and running. My fitness instagram has the same username as this account, but not much is on it just yet since it's also brand new.

That is me in a nutshell! I hope more people comment on this thread and we can make some good fitfriends!

Replies

• Kmack510
    Kmack510 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I also had a baby this past fall (October), but he’s my third. All boys! I gained more weight with this pregnancy than the others and was on bed rest for the last two weeks with high blood pressure. I really want to recommit to being healthier so that I have the energy to keep up with the little guys. I’m currently stuck around 185 pounds. I was at 150 before getting pregnant with my first five years ago, but I’m trying to stay more focused on how I feel than the number ... easier said than done.