Carbohydrates/Protein/Fat% - What is your target/results?

Options
What is your target for carb/protein/fat?

I am on the zone diet and my goals are as follows:
Carbohydrates 40% (No bread, pasta) Complex Carbs fruits, veggies
Protein 30%
Fat 30%

How are your results?

Replies

• Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I’m also eating the zone. I was first introduced to the zone plan about 5 years ago by my personal trainer. I ended up losing about 35 pounds over the course of 4 months. Right after I lost all that weight I was in a motorcycle accident and had a long recovery. After which, I got sloppy with my diet, and I loved beer .... About two years ago, I got back into the swing of things with the plan and I’ve almost lost all that weight again, without really going at it hardcore. Only 10 pounds to go. It’s a realistic lifestyle change someone can easily live with as compared to some of the other plans out there (IMO).
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    I agree! I feel like it’s a healthy balance compared to other diets out there.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I usually end up 40/ carbs 30f 30p. I didn't plan it that way. I set my protein goal and this is where the others fell. Its the most normal diet. I eat 2400 cals daily. Its left me not craving food/ carbs all the time.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I eat a higher carb woe which breaks down to something like 60/20/20. I don't follow a structured plan and just eat a mostly whole foods, pescetarian woe with a heavy emphasis on plants.

My target right now is a short period of weight loss to correct some weight creep from last year. Started last week with a target of .5lbs a week since I'm already at a fairly low BMI, and I'm down 4lbs as of today. Water weight loss is definitely at play, but depending on how next week goes I may have to play with my numbers and up my calorie intake a bit.
  • Floydy89
    Floydy89 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I’m falling around the 40/30/30 mark too - which is pretty much what I want