TUNA??? Please help lol!

Options
2»

Replies

• jlrae
    jlrae Posts: 35
    Options
    I make a tuna salad, with tuna, avocado cut into cubes, tomato, onion, add lime juice, salt and pepper and a little cayenne or tabasco if you like it spicy. It's super delish! You can put it on a bed of greens if you like.

This sounds *really* good!
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    tuna ceviche... lime or lemon juice, finely chopped red onions, chopped tomatoes, dash of pepper...

crackers, cheddar cheese and tuna ceviche.. good
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I mix greek 0% yogurt with equal amounts of soy sour cream and trader joe's salsa verde. Super yummy!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    funny you post this..you gotta trust me. /i eat it EVERY SINGLE DAY.

tuna in water
    brown rice
    sriracha japanese sauce
    teriyaki sauce

It is so delicious. It's low in calories, carbs and sodium and of course good for you and high in protein.

sounds delicious!! how much sriracha do you usually add?
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    tuna in water
    brown rice
    sriracha japanese sauce
    teriyaki sauce

This sounds so good!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    THANKYOU EVERYONE FOR ALL THE RESPONSES! They all sound so delicious!! Lol. Has anyone tried tuna with Fage greek yogurt mixed and hot sauce?? Just wondering!!
  • amberlineilene
    Options
    Spicy sweet thai tuna by bumble bee or starkist lemon pepper tuna sensations. Amazing by themselves, low in calories...high in flavor..Soooo good. Awesome on toast. Even better on Tomato Basil Ole Extreme Wellness tortilla wraps.
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Mix cottage cheese in it, trust me it's good!

I also love cottage cheese and tuna. Most ppl look at me like I have lost my mind. I also don't eat canned tuna often opting of the more expensive, but much tastier Yellow fin tuna steaks :)
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    A different kind of tuna salad: I mix tuna with whole wheat cous cous, feta, diced tomato, a bit of olive oil, a splash of lemon juice (if I have lemons), fresh ground black pepper, red pepper flakes. To keep it from being too dry, I don't drain the tuna completely (packed in water of course). I think you can also try this with cottage cheese if you don't like feta.
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine turned me on to the BEST tuna ever. It comes from WA and the company is called Tuna Guys. The albacore tuna is out of this world. Tuna from the grocery store..you know how it goes...open can and drain. NOT this tuna from the Tuna Guys. It is a chunk of tuna canned with very little liquid that you just flake in with the tuna. I am in no way affiliated with this company just love it that much. It is pricey ($1.98 can) but so worth the $$. I have several friends with whom we split a case. I have never eaten anything from them but the tuna but they also sell crab, salmon, shrimp etc. If you want the best tuna ever look them up on the web. You will not need anything with this tuna but a fork!
  • laumar3012
    Options
    bump
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    I know it sounds wierd but instead of mayo - nonfat plain yogurt.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • mbissey
    mbissey Posts: 25
    Options
    Tuna, cubed avocado, fresh dill and lemon juice. It's the best. I like to stuff into a tomato. My husband eats it as a sandwich or with crackers.
  • teens62
    teens62 Posts: 39
    Options
    Sweet chilli sauce mixed in with sandwhich tuna in brine, with lite sour cream on cruskits is a nice low cal lunch,,, or I added a tin of smoked tuna in oil to some cous cous , Start by cooking onion ,mushrooms.... in pan add cup of water,a tsp chicken stock powder and a half cup of chuck wagon corn, and bring to boil,, add 1 cup of cous cous take off heat, add can of smoked Tuna in oil stirr , put lid on and let sit for 5 mins,, Fluff up with fork.. and enjoy,, nice hot or cold
  • cmwaddell
    Options
    With my current Diet i have to eat Tuna everyday and i cant experiment too much as im watching my sodium, carb and sugar intake also.

I like to mix

One drained can of Tuna
    one stalk of celery chopped
    half a tomato
    shallots or red onion
    capsicum
    40g of cottage cheese
    rocket
    lots of lemon
    and pepper

If i'm eating this before 3pm i add half a cup of brown rice :)
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    In New Zealand we have really yummy sealord tuna lite with sundried tomato and basil, only about 70 calories and 14 g of protein, very nice on a sandwich, prob would go well in a salad too. Doesn't taste dry, and hasn't got much salt either. Maybe you also have some flavoured canned tuna.
  • gemmie_c
    gemmie_c Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Mix cottage cheese in it, trust me it's good!

I couldn't agree more-cottage cheese and tuna is the future. Add some black pepper and fresh chives (or spring onions) for a bit of a twist.

I now have a tuna craving-wish I was having it for lunch now.
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    All these recipes sound delicious.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Plain low-fat yogurt, NOT Greek since that has like 4x more cals and you can't claim it to be a better protein source esp. when you are talking about a 1-2 tbsp meal. Greek yogurt is also 3x the price, haven't found a reason to be a fan yet!