Back pain.

Any tip for a good exercise-video I could watch to get inspiration to put together an easy beginner workout to build some support muscles around the hipbones and spine.

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Best tip I can give you is find a program for novices instead of trying to create your own and move onto more advanced programming once a stall begins.
  • amayk
    amayk Posts: 42 Member
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Best tip I can give you is find a program for novices instead of trying to create your own and move onto more advanced programming once a stall begins.

Do you know about any? I don't really know what to look for, most videos are in english, that's ok, but I don't know the names of good exercises in english. Would be great to be lead towards the right direction.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Do you have a diagnosis for the back pain?
  • amayk
    amayk Posts: 42 Member

It's not for me, but my husband. It's wear and tear from heavy lifting at work through the years. Diagnosed. He is now 56, and find it hard to move due to constant backpain.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    amayk wrote: »

It's not for me, but my husband. It's wear and tear from heavy lifting at work through the years. Diagnosed. He is now 56, and find it hard to move due to constant backpain.

I'd see a physio for help, you don't want him to make it worse.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Generally speaking one could run "Starting Strength" and do fine with strengthening the back as well as the rest of the body.

That being said if your husband has diagnosed problems with his back, then I would suggest to seek a experienced medical professional familar with the benefits of barbell training as well as a well experienced trainer if that is possible for best results.