Looking for Keto Friends

Options
Need help, inspiration, support. New to Keto and would like some Keto friend so share meal ideas and for moral support.

Replies

• KristaMac88
    KristaMac88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I was just researching the rules and food guidlines of keto and really want to try it. But im not 100% committed to giving up my weekend/ every second weekend drink/snack night with my hubby. He will follow the diet with me even though he doesnt need to so i dont want to completely deprive him. The thing im most scared about though is partaking in a "high fat" diet, even though they are good fats..and still having my cheat night..and then because im not following it 100% of the time and strict gaining even more weight..
  • aprilwright3
    aprilwright3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I can help out some. I did keto all last year for about 8 months and lost 30 pounds. I'm back on it as of yesterday.
  • kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've been doing keto/low carb since October 1. I am down 24 pounds with no exercise and no gimmicky shakes and other items that allow you to cheat on this way of eating. I only use MCT oil and collagen peptides for supplements and track my net carbs. I'm down 24 pounds and have about 60 more to go, but this has been doable. I lost the puffiness almost immediately and ultimately feel so much better. I love seeing the weight drop day by day.

I'm not super strict, but am definitely being more conscious about what I'm eating. My kryptonite is pasta, rice, breads, sweets. I've been working at finding some keto friendly substitutes. But ultimately I still want to eat them all so it's just best if I just stay away from those items.

I enjoy not starving between meals. I've tried low fat dieting before and was always hungry. I find keto/low carb is much easier to maintain for me. I'm hopeful once I reach my goal weight I can switch to a maintenance level and maintain my weight loss.

The hardest thing for me is to get enough water in. There are some days where I feel just parched if I don't get almost 12 cups in. Yesterday I managed a full gallon. They say half your body weight in water and that was basically it. I want to start adding in some light exercise when I can find the time. Would love to get back into yoga. Plan to do more hiking this summer and get out in nature more.

Again hello - here's to the new year and new us!
  • JenVB22
    JenVB22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto yesterday. I'm looking forward to the change! I have done keto before, but fell off the wagon and was quickly shown why keto works and is the best thing for me. I have about 100lbs to lose. Never actually wrote that anywhere before, but there it is. I know that I can do this, if I just stay out of my own way! I do struggle with getting all my calories and FATS in. It's a mindset change. I'm all about connecting with others in the same boat :) We can help each other stay on track! I struggle with water some as well. I like water, just don't always feel thirsty so I don't think about drinking. I need to get better about this too.

Excited to get into ketosis and enjoy my life again!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Been keto 6m (down 40lbs with no exercise). Feel free to friend me if you want :) I blog a lot here too, but it's mostly just me venting and rambling lol
  • hansonjovigirl
    hansonjovigirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started keto on January 3rd and I am already down 6lbs. I’m a McDonald’s manager so I’m always on my feet and I try and walk to work as much as I can (it’s a 45 minute walk).
    My start weight was 178 and my goal is 135. The last time my weight was in the 130s, I was a kind of chubby 13 year old 20 years ago.
    I’m amazed at my weightloss so far, even if it is just water weight. I was diagnosed with pcos at 15 and it’s so hard for me to lose weight usually.
  • 18lodi2007
    18lodi2007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I’m currently on Keto as well! I’ve suffered from PCOS for years and it’s not as bad as it used to be since starting Keto last year!
  • katrina6823
    katrina6823 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Im on day 6 of my keto journey and loving it! Feel free to add me. I love having friends on the same diet and I have an open diary :)