I Screwed Up Big Time

Options
I just ate a meal tonite that was way over my calories, way over. I've been having a really bad day and no excuse but I ate like a pig tonite. I now am sitting here dealing with the guilt and wishing I could throw it all back up. I feel like I failed. I've been doing soooooo good and tonite messed that all up. A really down day for me today. Food wise and every other way. Thanks for listening.:sad:

Replies

• Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    I just ate a meal tonite that was way over my calories, way over. I've been having a really bad day and no excuse but I ate like a pig tonite. I now am sitting here dealing with the guilt and wishing I could throw it all back up. I feel like I failed. I've been doing soooooo good and tonite messed that all up. A really down day for me today. Food wise and every other way. Thanks for listening.:sad:
  • beahurey
    beahurey Posts: 108
    Options
    YOu know what Cloe? It is okay. Do not beat yourself up over the food, it doesn't sound like you need the extra stress! Chalk it up as a day off and move on to tomorrow! You will do great! Keep your head up and always remember that tomorrow brings a new day. So don't bring what happened today into tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    it is like spilt milk...wipe it up, scold yourself for being careless and then what? be more careful...oh these words are so easy to say...but if I let myself beat myself up when I do exactly what you did ..I end up telling myself , well you screwed up, let's really enjoy this screw up and have more food....don't do it
    wipe up the mess...drink cold water...learn from what happened
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Instead of beating yourself up pop in an exercise dvd or hop on the treadmill, start jogging in place. So you put too much fuel in your tank just burn some off.
  • tuppence41
    Options
    Cloe
    I've just read your profile...you have dealt with so much and been so brave. Don't beat yourself up over one day of eating. Just put it down to a bad day like we all have sometimes. When you wake up tomorrow what you ate today will not matter. It probably won't even affect your weight loss this week.
    Goodluck !! :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    So you put too much fuel in your tank just burn some off.

hey, thats a good one...I can use that ...thanks
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Thank you everyone you don\t know how much I need these kind words tonight:cry:
  • jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Me too! Had the exact same day it seem like. And the exact same meal with far too many calories for supper!

To the gym I go...maybe 2-3hrs...I dunno...whatever will get rid of those calories and the stress from the day!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Same here.... It's like an early Fat Tuesday for me... :laugh:
    I will miss hamburgers (homemade....yummy).

I understand the overindulgence.
    My poor belly!
    "I will survive!" (Yes, I did tune in to my inner Abba)
    :flowerforyou:
  • inigomontoya
    Options
    Hey dont worry about it! it is good to shock your system with a surplus of calories as long as it is not a habit! It helps to keep your body from going into starvation mode and can actually HELP you lose weight!
  • RhondieJFB
    Options
    I have done poor all week. So poor that I didn't even log any food in. I am frustrated with not loosing any weight and I have talked here on how I am trying to stay positive. Well.. I ate chocolate and everything else the past few days, but today was a new day and I did okay today. I have 24 calories left, but don't need them. I haven't worked out either. But I will this weekend.

Don't beat yourself up. There is no point. Just start again tomorrow. Guilty feelings makes you want to eat more and again and bad. So just let it go. Your only human ya know.

I can do it and so can you!! I truly believe that!!

Have a great healthy weekend!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    don't beat yourself up over it, You can't take it back. Just get right back on it tomorrow.
  • rdedwards
    rdedwards Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hear ya sister! once I start eating bad for the day, it just becomes a snowball effect for the rest of the day! It's terrible, I know, but the next day is a whole different day, and a day to start over!
  • want_to_be_skinny
    Options
    145716.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Everyone screws up now and then.. i think it is good to shock the body as well..
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it!! I did the same thing last night-went waaaaay over-and I was sooo mad at myself! Just remember that tomorrow is a new day and you can start over! Every once in awhile it's totally okay to overindulge :flowerforyou:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    :heart: Love yourself no matter what.:heart:

Keep the food in your digestive system where it belongs. Let it be naturally.

Food is not the enemy here. Neither are you. You were simply trying your best to love yourself. You are on your way to finding better, more effective, healthier ways to love yourself that is all.

What are better coping strategies?

What are better stress management technique?

You mentioned you like to walk, have you considered getting a pedometer to record/reward you with every step you take?

Do you write in a journal?

:heart: What would it be like to love yourself no matter what?:heart:
    I read your profile. I am sorry YET perhaps, your life was meant to be walked on a different path than everyone else. A different yet no less important path than everyone else.

:heart: Love yourself no matter what.:heart: