What i may be doing wrong?

ryans92
ryans92 Posts: 3
edited October 1 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey I'm new here(joined today) and just wanted to say this site and the community look great and very helpful.
So i was just wondering if anyone can help me with this problem I've been having for the past month or so..

I'm 19, 6'1, and weigh 200 lbs. My starting weight was 260. So I've shed 60 pounds but still have quite a bit of fat on top of my muscle. I do cardio everyday and weight lifting almost everyday as well. And I've been eating between 1300-1600 calories a day with a high protein/low carb diet. But my problem is for the past 3 weeks(maybe more) I haven't been able to shed any weight or notice any changes in my body.. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows what the problem is or has any tips? Thank you

Replies

• kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    My guess is you're not eating enough. Pay attention to what MFP tells you your calories should be and stick to it. Make sure to eat at least some if not all of your exercise calories back. May seem like a lot of food, but trust the site.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Definitely eat more. Most guys should be eating MINIMUM 1500.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Yup, sounds to me like you aren't eating enough.
    I'm female, 5'4", 158 pounds and I eat 1500 - 1600 net cals per day (that means i eat 1600ish plus the calories i burn exercising).
    You're younger, taller, bigger and male so I'm sure you must need more!
  • ryans92
    Thank you guys very much! I had feeling i wasn't eating enough but wasn't sure what would happen if i started eating more(I thought i might start gaining weight back) But now i see that i definitely need to eat more, so I'm just gonna stick with MFP and however much it suggests I eat.. Thanks :)
  • simple...you are not eating enough for your body to let go of more weight...men should not be below 1500 calories...you should be eating a minumum of 1500 calories on you non exercise days and at least another 300-800 on your exercise days depending on what you do for exercise and how many calories you burn...hope this helps...try this artical

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/172515-frantic-about-adhering-to-the-right-calorie-intake-read-t

and this one

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/173853-an-objective-look-at-eating-exercise-calories
  • I agree with everyone...eat more!
    luckly your are not female lol
  • ryans92
    Yea that definitely makes things easier lol. But im gonna start eating more for sure, Thanks again everyone
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Some of us are fuel efficient models and we need less fuel to operate. That's good if you are a car, but a pain in the neck if you are a body needing to loose weight. If you eat the right foods in the right amount and you still don't loose or worse gain weight, your body may need help to loose weight. Here are somethings you can check yourself. Do you retain water easily? Do you have dark puffy circles under your eyes? Do you get depressed easily for no reason? Do the outside edges of your eyebrows not go to the outside edge of your eyes? If you say yes to most or all of these questions go to the doctor and ask for a thyroid test.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    You are eating way too few calories for your weight, height, and gender. I'm actually surprised you've lost as much weight as you have when you are so calorie restricted. I am a female, 5'5", and 125lbs and I eat around 2200 a day and am losing about .5lb a week. Definitely up your calories.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Along with the calories upped I'd also say to mix up the exercise a bit. If you want to do weights and cardio on the same day maybe only do 1/2 hour cardio and focus on the weights. Then on off days do 45-60 minutes of cardio. Also, interval training is a great way to trick your body into losing as well.
This discussion has been closed.