Negative calorie foods? Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Options
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Negative calorie foods are not showing up on the web version of my diary only on mobile (android)?

On mobile they say -x and remove from the end but on the web it looks like they're just treated as being zero. The quick add option seems to work fine but I'd rather it be one of my own foods I can label rather than the quick thing

Replies

• NancyMallo
    NancyMallo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I’m noticing a change too. It was working as expected and when I went back in to log some exercise it dramatically changed.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to do?
  • SpookyPockets
    SpookyPockets Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

I'm trying to add any extra exercise calories through my fitbit manually as a negative calorie food. Adding it through the exercise tab seems impossible to easily get a specific number of calories as it wants to be smart and calculate minutes etc for me

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options

I'm trying to add any extra exercise calories through my fitbit manually as a negative calorie food. Adding it through the exercise tab seems impossible to easily get a specific number of calories as it wants to be smart and calculate minutes etc for me

Is your Fitbit linked to mfp?

This seems awfully complicated.
  • SpookyPockets
    Options

I don't want to connect my fitbit account because mfp won't let me share just my steps they want all my information including my friend list etc. I don't mind doing it manually it just doesn't seem to be consistent with how it's working
  • NancyMallo
    NancyMallo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Goals on my computer and ipad are different. Yesterday I changed my activity and it looks like its holding on to the old calorie number instead. Looks like something is broken. Using my computer it looks correct. something is out of wack.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options

I don't want to connect my fitbit account because mfp won't let me share just my steps they want all my information including my friend list etc. I don't mind doing it manually it just doesn't seem to be consistent with how it's working

There are times my Fitbit just hasn’t synced properly (usually when something has been wonky between mfp and Fitbit). I manually log calories under an exercise I have named as “Fitbit not synced” for 1 minute at 12:01AM at whatever calories need to be added. If your Fitbit isn’t linked, you probably won’t need to worry about the time (you will need to put a number of minutes).

I’ve never had a problem with this?
  • SpookyPockets
    Options
    NancyMallo wrote: »
    Goals on my computer and ipad are different. Yesterday I changed my activity and it looks like its holding on to the old calorie number instead. Looks like something is broken. Using my computer it looks correct. something is out of wack.

It's like the opposite for me. My phone is updating the totals at the bottom but my computer is just ignoring it
  • SpookyPockets
    Options

There are times my Fitbit just hasn’t synced properly (usually when something has been wonky between mfp and Fitbit). I manually log calories under an exercise I have named as “Fitbit not synced” for 1 minute at 12:01AM at whatever calories need to be added. If your Fitbit isn’t linked, you probably won’t need to worry about the time (you will need to put a number of minutes).

I’ve never had a problem with this?

I've just tried and I can get it to work about half of the time on my phone but it keeps changing the calorie number every time I try to do it. On the computer it just doesn't even appear after I click save?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options

Oh, I see. On the desktop you can just set exercise calories to whatever you want. I know nothing about using the app, as I never do, so will bow out.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Have you synced your fitbit to mfp?
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    maybe im just crazy talking here.. but why wouldnt you add the exercise as, you know, exercise in mfp??
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Can't you just enter a cardio entry for walking and modify the calories accordingly?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    If you add it to your exercise diary you can change both the minutes and calories to whatever you want.
  • SpookyPockets
    Options
    I've worked it out thankyou! Negative foods is still bugged but I worked out how the exercise worked. You have to manually adjust both the minutes and the calories every time I thought the calorie box was locked