Pcos

Dear I just wanna know about what are GL foods to avoid for pcos. And what's the ratio of cpf. Its basically low cabs high protein and fat.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I'd suggest asking your question on one of the PCOS groups.
    Here's one of them:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis
  • sanaizhar786
    sanaizhar786 Posts: 1 Member
    Help me with pcos foods. What to eat.? About carbs to avoid like whole Wheat, grains,? White carbs? I'm new to pcos .....
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    I was diagnosed with PCOS about 7 years ago (my family also has a history of diabetes - my blood sugar etc all came back normal tho)... I find that I personally don't feel good on super low carb diets... But I did end up replacing white bread, pasta, rice etc with wholegrain versions or brown rice... and I eat smaller portions of it in general
    I eat less sweets and I stopped drinking juice or sugary drinks
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I have PCOS and I lost weight by staying in a calorie deficit. I didn't cut out anything. You don't have to eat certain foods or avoid certain foods unless your doctor has advised you to do that.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    I have PCOS and I lost weight by staying in a calorie deficit. I didn't cut out anything. You don't have to eat certain foods or avoid certain foods unless your doctor has advised you to do that.

Same here. I ate in the range of 75-150 carb grams per day while losing my weight. Over the past several years of reading/listening/watching a lot about losing weight, I've observed that those levels aren't so much lower than what many other women without PCOS use. My focus was on getting plenty of protein (my minimum is .8 grams per day per pound of bodyweight but I usually eat more than that) and fat (my minimum = .4 grams per day per pound of bodyweight but, again, I often eat more.) The carbs fall where they fall. I've found that works well for me, meaning that I don't feel overly hungry and I still have enough carbs to have energy for the exercise I enjoy.

My suggestion is to experiment and see what works for you. Don't assume that you need to cut carbs exceedingly low, cut calories exceedingly low, or exercise like a madwoman. That's something that I see way too many women with PCOS do, and it usually leaves them miserable.

• ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    I have PCOS and have lost weight simply by watching how much I eat. I didn't cut out anything - carbs, sugar, nothing. The only thing is I notice my belly isn't wanting to budge and my period is even more whack than usual. But the pounds are coming off.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Same here, if I log my food and stay at a deficit I lose weight. I don't need to avoid anything.