What do YOU do when you're craving sweets?

Options
2»

Replies

• HangoverSquare
    HangoverSquare Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley Granola Thins with Dark Chocolate

Just tried one of these today. They're awesome! Very filling too.

When I'm craving sweets, I just move away from the kitchen and find something else to do. After a while, I'll forget about it.
    105295 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Noted, thanks a bunch for the feedback everyone! ;) Will definitely look into some of the stuff mentioned, last week was a rough week so kinda overdosed with the chocolate comfort food lol. Will definitely get back on track tomorrow! d^^b:happy:

-L
  • webfootcajun
    Options
    a spoon or two of Pillsbury SUGAR FREE chocolate icing. its really good if you melt in the microwave and dip a low fat graham cracker in it. MMMMMMM
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Drink more water...eat a piece of sugar free candy...eat a spoonful of PB...Go and look in the cabinets, knowing I'm not going to get anything but still look anyways! lol....
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I eat what I'm craving in a small portion!
  • katiekiv
    Options
    tried this recipe tonight..really yummy, satisfied the craving but under 130 calories (as long as you make 12 cookies from the recipe and eat one). even a couple is ok if you have the calorie room for the day. http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-chocolate-chip-cookies/
  • awiggins1090
    Options
    Fiber one bars oats and chocolate are amazing! They taste like a candy bar and are really good for you and are actually filling
  • CandyJ9
    CandyJ9 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'll sometimes have a small bit of whatever it is I'm craving. Like 1 or 2 pieces off of a Kit-Kat. Which is my candy bar weakness. Or I have sweet snacks to cut the sweet cravings, like Nature Valley bars. I get the dark chocolate and nut ones--they're pretty much held together with honey and I love that honey and chocolate flavor. My husband prefers the Fiber One version, chocolate and oats. That one has a nice drizzle of chocolate on top of the whole bar too. 140 calories and they make a great snack.

If I have one of those when I'd normally have a snack anyway, it makes it easier to say no to the bad stuff later.
  • MrsTomkins
    MrsTomkins Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I make a glass of crystal light with lots of ice and chew the ice :)
  • surabhit
    surabhit Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Sounds weird, but if you brush your teeth, you won't want to eat sweets. Works for me :)
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I do something to keep me mega-busy (take my mind off it) and usually the craving goes away. If it doesn't, then I will have whatever I'm craving. If the craving is persistent (ie over hours) it's usualy your body telling you something!
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    I do something else....
    -Think about something else
    - Eat something else
    - Exercise
    -Look at my fat pics
    -Drink water
    -Drink diet coke

I don't crave sweets in general, but I crave like ice cream when it is visibly there in front of me. I get a popsickle they are usually under 100 calories when im at the cinema- better than popcorn filled with butter!!