“DINNERLY”

An ad came up on MFP for DINNERLY. I got suckered into signing up in order to see the recipe choices. This is not unlike other meal plans, however, once I saw the choices I decided the calories were too high. So I cancelled the acct. (they now have my credit card #!) and they acknowledged the cancellation but said it was too late to cancel the first box (scheduled for 1/23!). I emailed them and told them this is ridiculous and unacceptable and want the first box cancelled. DONT DO WHAT I DID!

Replies

• KetoLula
    KetoLula Posts: 29 Member
    I find it odd that the menu for the box wasn't available before confirming your order. I'm on a number of meal subscription lists because I would look at the menu (and I was subbed to hello fresh for over a year, so blue apron is always sending me stuff).

If you can't cancel the box, I would turn the meals into multiple servings (dinner and lunch. With some boxes, this is very doable with how large servings are) and take it as a learning experience to make sure not to confirm an order without fully researching if it's a fit first.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    I checked out their website, and I was able to see the recipes for the entire month without having to enter any information. Anyway...
    Make the best of it since you already paid for it. What matters are your calories for the day, not for one meal. Have the meal, and watch your calories for the rest of the day, or divide it into two portions.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Most sites will have the needed amount of notice to cancel in their terms of service. If they didn't provide that information, I can understand your irritation, but many people don't read the TOS when they sign up and miss that information. Lesson learned: read the TOS.
  • marysimms75
    marysimms75 Posts: 2 Member
    I checked out their website, and I was able to see the recipes for the entire month without having to enter any information. Anyway...
    Make the best of it since you already paid for it. What matters are your calories for the day, not for one meal. Have the meal, and watch your calories for the rest of the day, or divide it into two portions.

Is fitness pal free
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Try calling your credit card company directly and see if they will cancel the charges since you haven’t actually received any items yet. That worked for me once when I had a similar situation.