Wii Fit Rhythm Boxing

Options
Does anyone else have issues with the nunchuck (left hand) not registering punches very well? I have this issue a lot -- it'll either hit late (even when I'm on time) or won't register at all. I do it for the exercise and usually don't pay too much attention to the score, but it starts to get rather frustrating when trying to stay on rhythm and I've got a device that just won't work right. Just wondered if anyone else has similar issues or knows what I might do to "fix" this issue?

Thank you!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Replies

• TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    I don't do that activity on the Wii for that reason. Very frustrating.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem w/the rhythm boxing but I do have a problem w/the rhythm kung-fu not registering punches.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Remember it has an accelerameter (not motion control like the IR detector on the other hand) in it to register the motion. Make sure to give your wrist a good "Flick" for it to register.
  • schoen185
    Options
    we have problems with this...my son whose 3 gets pretty worked up over it lol. I have to agree with a previous poster - if I give my wrist a good flick it registers better. I still haven't gotten it figured out well on Kung - Fu Rhythm though... I get frustrated at that one!
  • kasey112
    kasey112 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To avoid this problem I would recommend getting the Gold's Gym Shape Boxing game. It isn't very expensive and instead of using the nunchuck in your left hand, you use the other controller. It is a great workout and you don't run into the issues that you can get with the nunchuck. It isn't the fanciest game for Wii, but you get a good workout and it tracks your progress.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    To avoid this problem I would recommend getting the Gold's Gym Shape Boxing game. It isn't very expensive and instead of using the nunchuck in your left hand, you use the other controller. It is a great workout and you don't run into the issues that you can get with the nunchuck. It isn't the fanciest game for Wii, but you get a good workout and it tracks your progress.

I have that game and I LOVE it!! :)
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    omg im so glad u posted this i thought it was just mine my boy friend has this problem but it works fine for me !!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input, everyone! I will definitely look into the Golds Gym game, sounds great (I think April had told me about this previously and I just haven't gotten around to looking into it yet), and in the meantime I'll try the wrist "flick" a little more with the nunchuck on rhythm boxing. I swear, I thought I was going crazy or something, because every time I'd show my fiance that it wasn't working, it'd work while he was watching. Figures, right?! lol
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem w/the rhythm boxing but I do have a problem w/the rhythm kung-fu not registering punches.

Yep, same issue with kung-fu here...
  • kaskanataliaanna
    kaskanataliaanna Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Same here its very frustrating so I gave up on that one
  • pumpion
    pumpion Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve been having problems with registering the punches, I’ve found that doing the punches holding the remote and nunchuck sideways does wonders