disappointed.!!

Options
I can`t believe it I was so looking foward to jumping on the scales as I have been exercising and been below my calorie in take all week and I have lost 0.6kg which is like nothing.!:huh:

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    it would be something if you had gained it -
  • 4ksdavis
    Options
    Be glad is was off and not on! Hang in there. They add up!
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Be disappointed! Get mad! And then keep trying. Also take your measurements. The measurements may change when the scale doesn't.
  • Msvalsworld
    Msvalsworld Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Take the small lost,they all add up
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Definitely take your measurements. It will surprise you!
  • bluelinzus
    Options
    That happens. I saved almost 3,000 extra calories this past week and only lost half a pound. However the week before I lost almost 4 pounds. You have to take into account water weight which can cause variations of plus or minus 5 pounds on any given day.

You should always weigh yourself at the same time, early in the morning before you eat anything is the best time. You should also always use the same scale and make sure it's calibrated.

As to the person who said you should be mad and disappointed, I completely disagree (politely). You are working hard and you should take pride in the fact that you are investing in yourself. I believe shaming ones' self only leads to frustration and increases your chances of giving up. Love yourself and your efforts, just as you are.

Most of all... Don't give up! Keep right on going! :-)
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    it would be something if you had gained it -

That is sooooo true! Take joy and pride in every little victory, no matter how small you think it might be. To others, you may be an inspiration to continue the hard work!
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I can`t believe it I was so looking foward to jumping on the scales as I have been exercising and been below my calorie in take all week and I have lost 0.6kg which is like nothing.!:huh:
    I don't recommend jumping on scales, as they are sensitive and can break. May I suggest lightly stepping on them? :laugh:

All kidding aside, your body will go through natural fluctuations. Take any loss as a positive. And take measurements, for if you are not losing kg, you could be losing cm.
  • themount
    Options
    thanks all for the wonderful encouragment.:bigsmile:

Next time I won`t jump on the scales.!!!
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    That is 1.2 pounds. Why are you disappointed? That is a good healthy amount to lose in a week. Just wondering exactly what you expected?
  • themount
    Options
    I was really hoping to lose a kilo, but you probably are right small steps is the best way to go eh.!!

My aim is to lose a kilo a week, which to me doesn`t seem alot but when you convert it to ponds it does sound alot.
  • themount
    Options
    I also want a tracker advice please on what to do.
  • themount
    Options
    ya I did it.!!!