How long to see a difference/weight loss

Options
How long on average to see a difference in body weight I know everyone is different just curious :)

Replies

• nikkirowles5815
    nikkirowles5815 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you !!
  • dwayneb2020
    dwayneb2020 Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Probably 4 weeks or so for me to notice a size difference, but the increase in energy for me once I stopped consuming too many carbs and sugars was almost immediate. About 12 weeks for my wife to say "you're getting skinny", which is FAR from the truth but it was nice of her to say. LOL.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Give yourself at least a month to see a few lb difference. It will be several months before you will need to consider changing your wardrobe for smaller items and maybe a few more months for others to notice a change depending on how much you have to lose. If you have 20 or fewer lbs to lose, it may even take longer.
  • azzeazsaleh5429
    azzeazsaleh5429 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    There are certain variables you need to consider. I followed mfp calorie goal and work out strength training 4 days a week with cardio 5 days. In 3 weeks there is a noticable difference waist went down stomach got smaller about 2 inches. I dont think it would of happened without working out though.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It depends on your expectations. My clothes were looser within a few weeks.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Floydy89 wrote: »
    Like you say, it depends on a lot of variables in terms of weight loss.

In terms of actual appearance, I once heard a saying about it taking 6 weeks for you to notice differences in yourself and 12 weeks for others to see them. This is pretty much true to my experiences.

In my case it was day 45 before I lost the first pound of weight when I changed my way of eating. A few made remarks about my weight loss and I thought they were making fun of me since I knew I had not lost any weight. It turned out I had lost some in the face and one inch at the waist but the scales had not changed at all. I did not know that was possible at the time to lose fat but not pounds.
  • brittlb07
    brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that you notice weight loss first in your fingers and your face. I've only lost five pounds since actively trying and have noticed my ring looser for sure. I'd also like to think my face looks slightly thinner, but I think that part is in my head haha.
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I’ve been trying to loss the last 5lbs for more than 3 years. I decided this year I’m just going to focus on being healthy and not so much weight loss.