Gaining weight..

Options
pcbossack31
pcbossack31 Posts: 20 Member
I am having a problem with my weight. I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism back in June and was put on medication. Since then I upped my exercising game and then I kind of fell off right before the Holidays. Since then, I have been exercising 45 minutes daily and watch what I eat. My calorie intake is 500 or less and today I went to the doctors and my weight is up. Why is that? Any advice or question is welcome.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Did your Dr put you on 500 cal/day...because MFP won't allow you to set goals that low since it's not healthy.

Best guess, cortisol and inflammation since you are stressing your body out with malnutrition.
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    500 calories a day and exercise is nowhere near enough. For women the minimum is 1200 calories a day.
  • pcbossack31
    Options
    @teabythesea , I know it isn't enough but I can't eat much more than that. I had sleeve gastrectomy back in 2014 and my stomach can't hold very much. If I overeat, I get sick.
  • pcbossack31
    Options
    @tcunbeliever, No she didn't put me on a 500 cal/day. I just can't eat too much more than that. I don't have my goals set that low on here.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Are you using a scale to actually weigh the food you eat? Are you using some accurate method of tracking your calories? Is the Is the 500 calories net after exercise or before?
    Are you drinking calories?
  • pcbossack31
    Options
    @kace_kay, No I haven't spoken to my surgeon about this. I haven't tried liquid meal replacements, either. You think I should give that a try?
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Are you 4 foot tall and have a desk job?