Do you drink coffee? Why or why not?

Replies

• Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    I rarely drink coffee at the moment.
    When I do drink it I like it very milky and with added sugar (otherwise I find it unbearably bitter). So at the moment I just drink tea instead because (and only because) I can tolerate it without sugar.
    The one exception at the moment with coffee is that I rather like the flavoured latte's that Nescafe do in little sachets.....particularly the Gingerbread and the Almond flavours. But I probably only have 2 a week.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Coffee is cheaper than bail money... 4-5 cups per morning.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    just got to work and our coffee machine is broken. Whole day is ruined!

Not really, I had to go down to the restaurant that's on the main floor of our building and pay and exorbitant $6 for a 16 oz Americano served to me by a hipster with a waxed mustache and lumberjack shirt.

Also agree with the Charbucks comments above. I used to swim with a guy that worked in Starbucks corporate office and he said that's what they called it there. Ironically the last time I saw him I ran into him at a local coffee shop where he gets his coffee instead of using his employee discount.
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    I drink it so I don’t go to prison for killing coworkers.

I just had to laugh :smiley:
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Yes, I sure do drink coffee every day.
  • Rachael_789
    Rachael_789 Posts: 93 Member
    edited January 2019
    Love coffee. Love the smell. Love it hot or freezing cold!
    Normally tend to just have one cup in the morning or the odd coffee from costa/Starbucks if am out and about. BUT when at work (3 days) to get away from my desk/boredom can have 3-5 cups which I need to stop because need 2 sugars each time 😭 always have mints/chewing gum at work 👍🏻
  • iluvcake2012
    iluvcake2012 Posts: 1 Member
    I don’t drink coffee, it makes me very sick. I also don’t drink any colored sodas 😉
  • no1racefan1
    no1racefan1 Posts: 277 Member
    No, because it's one of the most vile tasting things on the planet! I like the smell of coffee grounds though.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Love it. I drink 2-5 cups a day.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Give me all the coffee. Except Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts. That's just brown water. The stronger the better.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Almost every morning! I like a cup in the morning to start my day. I actually don’t feel like I need the caffeine that much, I just find it a delicious way to start the day.

Iced coffee in the summer is my absolute favorite!
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    Coffee is my go to. I drink at least 5 cups per day with a little milk and half a sugar. Love it. Like many here, I too dont get enough sleep so it's my liquid gold.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    I drink an entire pot of coffee a day. I drink it with almond milk and Splenda. I started drinking it a little over a year ago at the advice of my dr because coffee is protective of the liver and my own body is attacking my liver. I started off forcing it down because of being an adult and needing to do it but now I've gotten used to it and like it. There is a huge difference between brands so you just have to try different ones until you find a good one you like.
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    There's coffee and then there's 'to die for' coffee. My 'to die for' coffees are the ones I have had in France and The Netherlands.....my Dutch friends make the best coffee ever ...... I drool as I type!.....the instant coffee I'm drinking at the moment is just ok. I don't like Latte, mocha or other expensive high street outlet coffees. I have to have about 4/5 coffees a day to stay sane.
  • caroline7640
    caroline7640 Posts: 2 Member
    Coffee reminds me of a new day with new beginning. I drink it as a ceremony to start my day.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I can't be near people who are holding a cup of coffee (without a lid). The smell is that off-putting to me. I need therapy.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Don't drink it. Had it once couldn't stand it. I'd say it tastes like *kitten* but I've never eaten *kitten* so can't be sure :)
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    I live for it every morning.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    I drink espresso 2-3 times a day. Ocasionally 4. I like the taste.
  • TeamNemesisSteve
    TeamNemesisSteve Posts: 134 Member
    I drink far more coffee than I should. 4 cups in the morning and 4 cups in the afternoon minimum. Is it bad? I think there are far worse things.