Need some alternative cardio type exercise in a relatively small flat

I generally walk to school every day and find that it really helps me just feel a lot better. The problem is I don't feel as good on days where I'm not doing that and I don't really know any other ways to get more of that cardio type exercise in since I can't afford to go to the gym right now and I am in a pretty small flat? I used to walk a lot without any real destination but when you're short on time it can be difficult since it's not very intense. Does anyone have any suggestions or has dealt with similar?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    C25k
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Do you have space to jump rope? Burpees? Running in place with high knees?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcN37TxBE_s
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Zumba videos
    Climb stairs
    Run
    Calisthenics
    Yoga
    Hula hooping
    Get a bike
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    There are a lot of cardio workout videos on YouTube. Almost all of them you can do in a small space. I like Fitness Blender and Pop Sugar Fitness.
  • SpookyPockets
    SpookyPockets Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll have a look at those channels. I'm a little worried as I'm on the second floor, I don't want to be jumping around so much and make my neighbours mad but I'll have to see how possible it is
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited January 2019
    Use the stairs in your building.

https://youtu.be/VlA9ReTdjFs
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    If you don't want to be disturbing your neighbors, try a low impact exercise like Leslie Sansome's videos. Just dancing can be good as well.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    If you don't want to be disturbing your neighbors, try a low impact exercise like Leslie Sansome's videos. Just dancing can be good as well.

This... I like Leslie's videos
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Leslie is great
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I generally walk to school every day and find that it really helps me just feel a lot better. The problem is I don't feel as good on days where I'm not doing that and I don't really know any other ways to get more of that cardio type exercise in since I can't afford to go to the gym right now and I am in a pretty small flat? I used to walk a lot without any real destination but when you're short on time it can be difficult since it's not very intense. Does anyone have any suggestions or has dealt with similar?

I bet part of what makes you feel better is the exercise, and part of it is being outdoors. So I'd try to find other things to do outside. I know for me going for a walk helps me feel better too and part of it is just being under the sky instead of inside a small area. Can you get or borrow a bike? Go for a run?
  • SpookyPockets

I'll take a look thanks!
  • SpookyPockets

I bet part of what makes you feel better is the exercise, and part of it is being outdoors. So I'd try to find other things to do outside. I know for me going for a walk helps me feel better too and part of it is just being under the sky instead of inside a small area. Can you get or borrow a bike? Go for a run?

I think being outside is part of it but I just feel a lot calmer and less anxious when I've moved around and done some exercise for the day