weightloss and breastfeeding

Options
I'm still Breastfeeding my nearly one yr old and I HAVE to lose about 25kg to have bub #2.
Do you count any Breastfeeding burning calories? If so how many am I actually burning at the stage?

THanks

Replies

• escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Yeah breastfeeding is counted for burning calories. I think, maybe you type 'breastfeeding' into the search foods in the food diary. I think...
  • HSmamato4
    Options
    Calories burned breastfeeding depends on how often you are nursing at this point. If it's just naptime/bedtimes, it is probably less than 300. Type "breastfeeding" into the food search and it will give you multiple options. I don't count in my calories though. I am eating plenty without it and having a 16 mo old there is no guarantee how many I am actually burning and I want to track as accurately as possible. There is no way I could eat those calories back as I have plenty already. Plus there are days when he wants to nurse all day and days where it's hardly anything. I would say if your base calories is enough for you and you aren't hungry, don't count them. It would be different if you were nursing an infant exclusively.