Where are all of the deppressed people at?

Options
There seems like a decline in depression. If you are depressed, let's chat. Let's turn that frown upside down.

Replies

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    jlscherme wrote: »
    There's like 10 depression topics on the front page of this forum at all times :)

Being unhappy with yourself and your body is not the same as true depression.

Who ever said it was? Do you guys not see the five billion depression topics that get posted here?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    There's like 10 depression topics on the front page of this forum at all times :)

Who ever said it was? Do you guys not see the five billion depression topics that get posted here?

Agreed, there are many threads about depression and not related to body image, many people are asking for advice as a result of using food to self-medicate another underlying issue such as depression or anxiety.
  • Puzzl3dunicorn
    Puzzl3dunicorn Posts: 30 Member
    Options

True but it can be a symptom of it .
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    Erik_ss wrote: »
    This is about depression. I don't recommend the diet being the life saver to this epidemic. Depressed people hate hearing they need to lose weight. It is the cognitive thinking process that needs to be addressed. The side effect is weight loss /weight gain.

It's definitely not a cure, but diet (noun not the verb) and fitness changes can improve mental health. For example reducing caffeine or alcohol intake if you're suffering from anxiety can have a positive effect or becoming more active can give someone an opportunity to get out of a situation where they might otherwise just be sitting stewing in their own thoughts and spiralling into deeper depression.
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Right here, and these responses are trash. I got you!!

• SMGMama3
    SMGMama3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Right here, and these responses are trash. I got you!!

That is what I was thinking! Fighting depression over here.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Depression/anxiety.
    Been off my antidepressant for a few weeks now and I actually feel better than when I was on it. It's still a struggle, but healthier living/therapy makes it more manageable.
  • HazyEyes93
    HazyEyes93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi. Depressed person checking in.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    Yep postnatal depression over here!

Exercise helps me.
    But I'm too depressed to exercise.
    *sigh*
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    HOLLA!!! Depression, anxiety, & PTSD...did I win something?
  • whatzabate
    whatzabate Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im depressed and people around me are successful. I cant win at my own life
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Not exactly depression but complex PTSD and OCD here, hey everyone what's up?
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I wish I could depress my belly fat. :/