Looking for DASH Diet folks

Nancy_AZ60
Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
I am just starting the DASH eating plan, and am looking for groups on same plan? Have been on and off MFP for 3.5 yrs now, apparently NOT good at sticking to any real diet.. I don't eat unhealthy foods but probably 2X the calories I need on this 5’5” frame. I am at a very un-healthy weight and carry it around the tummy.. so super bad for my heart. I am 55 now ( yikes) and need to lose 45-50 lbs to be at a healthy weight.

Replies

• jpburcham
    jpburcham Posts: 98 Member
    I've just started to investigate the DASH plan ~ I don't know much about if at all. Wishing you the best on this journey to a healthier lifestyle. Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    There's a dash diet group. Not sure how active it is
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    DASH is incredibly restrictive--my mother is on it for health reasons and cheats all the time. If it's a diet that you have chosen for yourself, I would recommend simply doing what you can to stay within your calories each day. Purchase a food scale and log every bite.

If you've been placed on it by a doctor, good luck! I know my mother's blood pressure and labs are better when she sticks with it.
  • swansong1001
    swansong1001 Posts: 53 Member
    Sent you a message. Love your avatar!
  • clcudney
    clcudney Posts: 1 Member
    Silly question, what is the Dash diet?
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    clcudney wrote: »
    Silly question, what is the Dash diet?

It is a diet that is primarily for heart disease/stroke/kidney/blood pressure patients. It is not necessarily for weight loss as you could certainly maintain on the plan. http://dashdiet.org/
  • alisatodd
    alisatodd Posts: 10 Member
    I just started dash. P1D5