4000 calorie day

Options
So I am new to trying to shift some weight and have been tracking calorie intake through the week.
Yesterday I had a bad eating day, which to be honest I have fairly regularly, e.g. few beers and pizza.
I tracked honestly what was going in my mouth honestly, and came out with a 4000 calorie day!
I was shocked by how many calories I ended up eating (I thought it would be much less) and can now clearly see what the limiting factor in my weight lose will be, restricting these kind of days as through the week I had been fine.
Yesterday was bad, but at least it's an education of what I need to change!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,933 Member
    Options
    Just getting that awareness can be very helpful :)
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Honesty is the best policy....well done and I'm sure it will be a helpful exercise for you.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    I may have you beat. My Taco Bell last night in addition to my normal breakfast and lunch probably came in over 4,000. Not even going to add it up, just moving on...
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I may have you beat. My Taco Bell last night in addition to my normal breakfast and lunch probably came in over 4,000. Not even going to add it up, just moving on...

aww bless......as we say in Wales
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options

I think you missed the point of the thread.

I think you missed the point of my post.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options

What is your member name?
    Fast foo diet of it cutie?😁
    Fast foodie to fit cutie?😊
    Fast food I eto fit cutie?😉
    I was trying to figure it out and thought I would ask!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    LynnJ9 wrote: »

What is your member name?
    Fast foo diet of it cutie?😁
    Fast foodie to fit cutie?😊
    Fast food I eto fit cutie?😉
    I was trying to figure it out and thought I would ask!

You can just click on the avatar image or the truncated name and you'll see pop-up with the untruncated name. (At least that works on the website or in the Android app. I don't know about the iOS app.

Sorry -- I misunderstood what you were asking, and now I realize you're trying to figure out where to divide the string into words.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    bigmike12 wrote: »
    So I am new to trying to shift some weight and have been tracking calorie intake through the week.
    Yesterday I had a bad eating day, which to be honest I have fairly regularly, e.g. few beers and pizza.
    I tracked honestly what was going in my mouth honestly, and came out with a 4000 calorie day!
    I was shocked by how many calories I ended up eating (I thought it would be much less) and can now clearly see what the limiting factor in my weight lose will be, restricting these kind of days as through the week I had been fine.
    Yesterday was bad, but at least it's an education of what I need to change!

Tracking brings awareness, that’s for sure.....lesson learned
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    My favorite restaurant meal sounds pretty healthy, but comes in at almost 2000 calories: salmon, sweet potato, salad, rolls with butter, and one tall beer. I try to save it for days I've run long, but even so I almost always go over on those days.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,520 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Is that the same sense as a Southern U.S. "bless your heart" (I.e.., to put it kindly, let's hope God looks out for you, because it doesn't seem like you're doing a great job of that yourself)?

Ma’am, you win the internet this evening!
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    suziecue25 wrote: »

aww bless......as we say in Wales

Is that the same sense as a Southern U.S. "bless your heart" (I.e.., to put it kindly, let's hope God looks out for you, because it doesn't seem like you're doing a great job of that yourself)?

Or "aww you poor silly thing, God help you"

Southerners either say it blunt or make it sound pretty. Southern transplant here.

Back to the OP, yes putting it all out there is a great wake up call. I've had my share of 4000 calorie days. Still do. It's a work in progress. The good thing about logging it is seeing what you can change, eliminate, or where your nonnegotiable are.