Cheat meal Sunday

Hi, all

Today is Sunday, which for me means a cheat meal.

I am having 1 large pizza and some sides. Is this too much for 1 person?

What us your meal today if you are having one?

Replies

• suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    A large pizza and some sides would be way over my daily calorie allowance and far too much for me [I would never eat it all in one meal] but if you are being successful with your strategy and big cheat meals don't sabotage it then go ahead.

I am doing traditional British Sunday lunch today - a big meal for me. Roast chicken, roast potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, broccoli, Brussel sprouts and lovely gravy. Fruit and ice cream for pudding.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I don't call it a cheat day but I usually eat around maintenance or higher on weekends when I'm trying to lose. I will go out to eat one day and eat whatever I want (usually a main with steak or fish and wine) and then the next day have pancakes, and a big lunch.. usually 3-4 bowls of pasta, meat and vegetables, lots of cheese, wine, dessert etc.

If it's too much that it's blowing your weekly calories out the window, then you might want to rethink your goals. If it works for you and you stay within your goals, I don't see the issue.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Personally I don't "cheat.' I eat what I want within my calorie allowance. I track calories weekly so I can usually fit in whichever foods I really like. I also would not want a "cheat" meal to wipe out my calorie deficit for the week.
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    I am doing traditional British Sunday lunch today - a big meal for me. Roast chicken, roast potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, broccoli, Brussel sprouts and lovely gravy. Fruit and ice cream for pudding.

This sounds delicious. I wanna eat at your house!
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    An entire large pizza AND sides? Yeah, I guess if it fits in your macros/calories for week is the party line around here, but seriously?

I'm almost 300 lbs and can't even imagine eating such an enormous amount of food. I definitely don't mean to come across as judgemental as we're all here striving to lose weight and ultimately be healthier, yet such a large binge seems very, very unhealthy to me.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I'm gonna go pick up a pizza too. Because football.

I usually have it for lunch and dinner. There might even be 2 slices leftover for the next day. It all averages out in the long run. I mean, it's pretty normal to order a pizza once every week or two... so why call it a cheat meal? Mom never said, "ok, we're having a family cheat meal day" when she ordered a pizza because she didn't feel like cooking that day.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    edited January 2019
    But did Mom order you each an entire large pizza plus sides?

Calorically pizza isn't too terrible depending on thickness of crust, topping and amount of cheese. Very easy to work a couple slices of it in.
  • Andia15
    Andia15 Posts: 104 Member
    Having a "cheat" breakfast tomorrow morning as Monday mornings are my weigh ins :) I'm going to have a pancake with chocolate spread and a class of orange juice :yum:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    even on my HUNGRIEST day i couldnt eat that LOL

it would wipe out my deficit for a week or longer.

but if it doesnt for you, go ahead.

i dont believe in cheat meals. i eat what i want and make it fit, or make it close (even if it means im over) my birthday and holidays get a pass on me caring what the calorie number is at the end of the day. otherwise, i try to keep it close and earn my calories in the gym, or by cutting back another day/meal/whatever
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    How big is a LARGE pizza.....is it like the ones shown on 600lb life? If it is then yes it is definitely too much for 1 person.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    edited January 2019
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Hi, all

Today is Sunday, which for me means a cheat meal.

I am having 1 large pizza and some sides. Is this too much for 1 person?

What us your meal today if you are having one?

Since you're asking, yes a large pizza and some sides is way too much for 1 person.

If someone is trying to be in charge of their weigh/eating, consuming enough calories for 3-4 average people isn't going to get them there IMO.

Interesting take on cheat meals:

The Jiggle Test
    "Ask yourself this: Am I lean enough to need a cheat or refeed? Some people can get their body fat tested and decide what to do. But there's a simpler way to go about determining this.

First, get naked, stand in front of a mirror, and jump up and down. Is there a lot of jiggling going on?

Lots of jiggle: If there's jiggling in a multitude of places, then you probably don't need to cheat. Adhere to the diet for a while and then see.
    Moderate jiggle: If you've been really nailing that diet for quite some time, and cravings are starting to increase exponentially, you may be a cheat candidate.
    Hardly any jiggle: A planned cheat or refeed is probably fine when you feel like you need it.
    Once you've reached a point of being satisfied with your fat loss and want to make a cheat meal part of your weekly schedule, then do so. For those who've gotten the jiggle rate down to nearly nothing, you've probably already figured out when a refeed or cheat serves you best. And the leaner you get, it's likely that quality refeeds can and should be done a little more often."

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/the-smart-dieters-guide-to-cheat-meals

Best of luck.

Haha no matter how lean I got I would always fail this test cos boobs!