I LOST 15KLS

Options
But not because of this.
Hi! My name is May and I a 25 year-old young woman who never had a chance to be the skinny type. But I tried and this time I did it.

O would like to share my photo for a less-than-year difference not because I started to take run or enroll in gym classes (in which by they way I already did but a week is the longest I will ever achieve in that place, ugh).

We all know we have this “turning point” and I did have mine eary last 2018 and I just told my 80-kilo self that I am done. And that’s when the magic started—or more like discipline.

The thing with losing weight is this: PROHIBITED FOODS. Or I thought so. No sugar, fried foods, chips.. you name it. The list could go on a looooong way and guess what? You get tired of it and bam, next thing you know, you are indulging with al the NO NO FOODS—which is also a no no.

So how did I start it and kept it that way? PROPER EDUCATION.
So my family was really concerned when I decided to return home after two years of being away from out place because I proceeded on taking my Civil Engineering units in Cebu. When I got home, I weighed 80kilos and I am only 5’5” tall and 25, which is doing the BMI Math, is a total OVERWEIGHT. My family who happened to be very body conscious (my daddy’s a cycler, older sissy is a marathoner, older brother never misses his gym, and eldest sissy is a yoga master), was quite alarmed by the drastic weight gain and decided to put me in Nutrition Club—and that changed my life.

They paid a huge amount of money for a 10-day program that will educate me to proper diet. For the next ten days, they monitored my food intake while discussing the different kind of foods, importance of calorie counting and water, and reading labels. Twas fun! In 7 days I lost 4kilos without even putting a sweat on my forehead. I only follow the meal plan and go to sleep for me to forget the tick of time (twas summer so no class).

After 10 days, I learned two key words:
A.) DISCIPLINE
B.) CONSISTENCY

And I kept doing that til the end of the year while continuously doing my other staff. Real talk—it ain’t easy. There will be days youask yoursef why on earth you are doing this. Or perhaps have that insecurity of being aware of your weight and just pity them all over.

No. I say you got this!
I mean it’s not gonna be that easy but the genetical inheritance is not an excuse not your time. It’s all in your mind. Stop saying “Day One” and target for a weekly goal.

Honestly? I only discovered this app about two weeks ago. I was pretty bummed after Christmas and New Year. I was 80kls when I started 2018 and ended it with only 65kls. I weighed in and gained 2kls so I have to get back on track. 60kls is the goal by summer. I mean, duhh, summer anyone? Lol. So I checked the internet for an app.

This is the perfect app I was looking for. Just the way I wanted it to be. From barcode scanner (best feature EVAAAH) to the Nutrients breakdown. Such an eye opener! I don’t usually recommend stuff but this one, man, even my Nutritionist got one already!

So yeah, I would like to thank the bright minds behind this amazing app. You care guys. You have no idea how many lives you are changing here. Kudos!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!