Sexy in Six (closd group) Green Team***Chit-Chat

Options
peanut613
peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
Hey green girls! Commence with your gabbing :laugh:

I'll intro myself to get te ball rolling.
I'm Logan, I'm 23. My husband is a chef in a 4 star resort. He's currently the Assistant Pastry Chef so he brings home all sorts of amazing baked goodies. I have a very active 2 year old girl. Her favorite game in the world is to repeat the same thing over and over until I go nuts! I'm a bit of a movie buff. My favorite actor is Alan Rickman. I love tv shows of cooking competitions. I read a lot and like to play solitaire. I've never really enjoyed exercise so it's a big struggle for me to get off my booty. I have a huge obsession with owls. Seriously. I have owl jewelry, owl pillows, little wooden owls, stuffed owls, an owl purse, an owl made of seashells, an owl tattoo.... My favorite colors are black, purple, and green. I like to drink coffee. My car is named Rhonda. I listen to literally any kind of music, but my top artists for right now are Ani DiFranco and Red Hot Chili Peppers. I also love the Sweeney Todd soundtrack. I love yardsailing--but selling, not buying. I have a love affair with my bed.
And for someone who feels her life is so boring, I sure had an awful lot to say! :laugh:

Replies

• nikip6454
    Options
    My turn! I am Niki, I am 28. I got married in June 2010 and instantly started "trying" to get pregnant--it worked! My daughter was born in April 2011 and has been my world since. I am still trying to figure out how to get things done with a little one around, she's rather time consuming, my house needs some TLC and my laundry is on somewhat of an as needed basis! But whatever!

I used to love working out but fell out of love with the gym about 5 years ago. I am working on getting more active. I am super competitive (in a good way) so the challenge is perfect! My only fear is that I am breast feeding-I hear that can cause fat to hang around for awhile and I don't want my supply to tank (formula is too darn pricey) but we will see!

I am really excited to get this thing started!
  • peanut613
    Options
    I am still trying to figure out how to get things done with a little one around, she's rather time consuming, my house needs some TLC and my laundry is on somewhat of an as needed basis!
    Girl let me tell you.....it only gets worse when they walk! These are the good days! Likewise, I get laundry done when I'm quite literally on my last pair of underwear!
    My only fear is that I am breast feeding-I hear that can cause fat to hang around for awhile and I don't want my supply to tank (formula is too darn pricey) but we will see!
    I've actually heard that breast feeding helps you sed the baby weight faster! My daughter wouldn't take the boob, so I had no choice but to bottle feed her, just so she'd eat. I used WIC to help with the cost of formula.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Have a great day! We are off and running!
  • leamatthew
    leamatthew Posts: 162
    Options
    am gona weigh in today(crosses fingers) when do we start that?

Am excited bout this yay!
  • peanut613
    Options
    am gona weigh in today(crosses fingers) when do we start that?

I'll give you the link to a form online and you'll do it on Fridays
  • leamatthew
    Options
    fabby! x
  • Bella1hud
    Options
    Hi I am Isobel and I am young in my mind but not in my body! lol At 59, I guess I am the senior in our group. Maybe I could get a senior discount off the top, say maybe 10% reduction in body weight right off the top? Oh phooey, guess that's not the way it works! lol But I am pleased to say that since I started MFP in January of this year that I have actually lost a bit more than 10% of my starting weight. Yes!

I am excited to be part of the challenge, although we obviously have to do this for ourselves, I find it very helpful to have company along the journey, and to share our ideas, our struggles and our sucesses.

I look forward to getting to know my green team mates as we lose those nasty pounds together! :flowerforyou:
  • leamatthew
    Options
    my post earlier was a fly and go one so here i am again to properly introduce myself!

My names is Lea,I live in Scotland, UK and im 29 years young! I live with my fiancee Ben and im a Beauty Therapist who works from home.

My diet or life style change as i prefer to call it started the end of march this year where i weighed in at 424lbs, i joined MFP @ 411lbs and currently weighed in today at 363lbs.

Ben and i have had a rough few years trying for children, we have lost 4 babies 2 due to miscarriages and 2 ectopics, one of the ectopics almost cost me my life. I now may need IVF to conceive which is why i need this extra weight gone. I will be refered for testing to see if it is safe for us to try on our own but until i get my weight down they wont look at me.

I love being part of a group as i find it gives me added motivation, the last group i was a part of i lost over 20lbs in the 6 weeks so this has come along at the perfect time for me.

I wish u all the best in the next 6 weeks together!

Hugs xxx
  • almille
    almille Posts: 89
    Options
    This challenge and support comes at a good time for me- I've really really slumped this weekend. This was the first weekend since we moved that my fiance and I stayed at home instead of visiting friends and relatives, and it made me feel pretty isolated and lonely here. I'm so thankful Dustin is here, but I really need something else in my life! We're only here for another four months, and we're on a really tight budget, so I don't see us making many social connections. But hey, that's what I've got you guys for, right?

I did consciously decide to put down the chocolate and go for a walk on the beach today, though! It's the little victories right now.
  • Bella1hud
    Options
    Lea, my hubby is from Scotland , born in Falkirk and came to Canada with his family when he was 10. And my mom was a war bride, first from Edinborough then in WWII her family moved to Darvel where she met my dad :smile: We both have lots of family there. Love your country!!
  • leamatthew
    Options
    Lea, my hubby is from Scotland , born in Falkirk and came to Canada with his family when he was 10. And my mom was a war bride, first from Edinborough then in WWII her family moved to Darvel where she met my dad :smile: We both have lots of family there. Love your country!!

Oooo! worlds a small place, im about 3 hrs from edinburgh,im in aberdeen!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hey Green! I'm Kimberly, known around these parts as Kimi. I'm 30 yrs old and a high school English teacher. I always feel like my introductions are kinda boring because once I get passed the "30 yrs old & a high school English teacher" part, I've pretty much said it all. My boyfriend and I have been together about a year and he has a precious 2-year-old daughter that I consider mine. I'm trying to lose weight so I can feel better about myself. And, our fearless leader (or fearless peanut?) is my bff. That's about it for me. Go Green Team!! :D