Weight Loss Methods

Options
Really good blog post from Dean Somerset a well respected trainer. I bolded a few key items.

Intermittent fasting is a fantastic tool to help someone schedule their food intake to create a caloric deficit, which leads to weight loss.

Keto is a fantastic tool if someone finds they're eating a lot of carbs and reducing them significantly helps to create a caloric deficit, which leads to weight loss.

Cutting out sugar can be a fantastic tool if someone has a large portion of their diet coming from sugar sources, and cutting these out helps to create a caloric deficit, which leads to weight loss.

Weight Watchers is a fantastic plan to help people track their food intake and understand the role of certain foods in how they affect weight loss, and this tracking can help create a caloric deficit, which leads to weight loss.

Jenny Craig is a fantastic tool for people who want to skip the process of purchasing prepping, and measuring food in order to produce a caloric deficit, which leads to weight loss.

Paleo is a fantastic tool to get people to focus on the quality of their foods and to eat more nutrient dense foods that tend to have fewer calories, which can help create a caloric deficit, which leads to weight loss.

Drinking a glass of water in the morning is a fantastic tool to help someone feel full in the morning versus eating a calorie heavy breakfast, which can help create a caloric deficit, which leads to weight loss.

Avoiding food intake after a certain time of night can be a fantastic tool to help reduce the impulse to snack or binge, which can help create a caloric deficit, which leads to weight loss.

All of these dietary means are effective. None are magical. Find a method that helps you get into a caloric deficit without causing you to hate everything about the process or put your health at jeopardy, and stick with it.

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I've dieted so many times in the past, I can't even count them all.

I think I incoporate a little something I learned from each attempt together with creating a calorie deficit when I'm in a losing phase.

The last piece of the puzzle for me was how tracking calories and balancing macros for satiety clicked with my particular personality.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Can't argue against physics, lmao
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I use to fast a lot and it really helped I went from 12 St to 8 St in only a few months

Did you keep it off? Was it sustainable?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I use to fast a lot and it really helped I went from 12 St to 8 St in only a few months

Did you keep it off? Was it sustainable?

Considering they just posted a questions asking for weight loss tips and said fasting isn’t working... I’m gonna go with no.

Exactly.
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    This post needs to stay up top. Perfect!
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I like the way this is written. Got a kick out of the highlighted "calorie deficit ".
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    9utrz3brbcul.jpg
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I think the plans also help a lot of people track consumption more carefully. I failed when I did plans that were too different from how I commonly ate as I would "go off" them instead of just adjusting intake up a little when I got to goal.