Weightloss

Options
Hi, my name's Jess and I was wondering if anyone has any good tips for losing weight, I've tried fasting but I don't think I'm doing it correctly. I wanna lose it as fast as possible as well. I'm struggling ๐Ÿ˜” thanks

Replies

• emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Input honest info into MFP. Eat however many calories it gives you plus any calories you burn from exercise. Use food scale to log accurately (I.e. a tablespoon of peanut butter is 14 grams, don't just guess or use a measuring spoon.) Lose weight at a reasonable pace. Voila!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Patience is one of the most important things in weightloss.

+1000
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name's Jess and I was wondering if anyone has any good tips for losing weight, I've tried fasting but I don't think I'm doing it correctly. I wanna lose it as fast as possible as well. I'm struggling ๐Ÿ˜” thanks

Whatever way you did fasting that resulted in the giant weight loss on your other thread is definitely not the right way. Use MFP as it's meant to be used: put in a reasonable deficit, eat to that number, and think long term. Short cuts lead to longer delays as the saying goes.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Whatever way you did fasting that resulted in the giant weight loss on your other thread is definitely not the right way. Use MFP as it's meant to be used: put in a reasonable deficit, eat to that number, and think long term. Short cuts lead to longer delays as the saying goes.

Agreed. You've tried that and learned it doesn't work. Toss it out the window and take the word 'fast' out of your vocabulary. Replace it with 'sustainable' instead.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you aren't fasting "correctly"? And have you kept off the weight you lost? What are you current stats? We can't really help unless we have info to use.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: ยป
    Why do you think you aren't fasting "correctly"? And have you kept off the weight you lost? What are you current stats? We can't really help unless we have info to use.

She dropped roughly 56lbs according to her other thread in 3 months, and from the sounds of it she must have gained some or all of it back.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    eat less. move more.

this is not a fast process.