Weight Loss Advice

I'll be able to get a Gym Membership on the 24th/25th with my kid (16.5) and Ill start on the 25th.

What type of regiment should I do to loose weight - the faster the better.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    Set Goals, log food and exercise as completely and as accurately as you can.

The gym is not a necessary part of weight loss, so why not start today on the food part?
  • Kevin_Hassenpflug
    Kevin_Hassenpflug Posts: 70 Member
    Set Goals, log food and exercise as completely and as accurately as you can.

The gym is not a necessary part of weight loss, so why not start today on the food part?

I will/am counting calories today
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Talk to the staff in the gym and learn how to use free weights / weight machines in order to tone up as you lose weight from reducing your calorie intake. As others have said, losing weight slowly is the best strategy for the long term. And you definitely need to eat back at least half of the calories 'earned' by exercising - under-eating won't do your health any good at all.

When logging exercise, just be aware that MFP may give you considerably more calories than you've actually burned. Many people on here say to eat half your exercise calories; I find it easier to log half my exercise time. MFP then adds that to my daily calorie / macro allowance and I eat the number of calories that MFP shows I should be eating that day.