How many of you found it easy to get back on track after the holidays?

Options
vanityy99
vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
edited January 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Not I. Before the holidays ( while on vacation) i got into a easy routine, to the point where I didn’t even have to count calories.

I go on vacation and eat outside what I was use to, and that’s it, I come home and the cravings on the rage - not feeling energized and upbeat. We would go out and id skip an actual meal and just order dessert now all I crave is deep fried Oreos with French vanilla ice cream on the side . Now I get why some people try to avoid certain foods altogether. I been good so far; having berries to curb my sweet tooth. But the pounds are not budging quit yet.

How easy was it for you to get back on track?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Like a breeze.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    For me, it was fine. I even lost half a pound over the two week holiday/New Year. I just kept logging and ate reasonably, allowing myself treats everyday. I ate a bit over and a bit under, it all balanced out in the end.

You can get back on track! I have faith in you. Get it!
  • vanityy99
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    I didn't go off track during the holidays to be honest. I had 1-2 days I went over my calories, but that was it. I make room everyday for chocolate ice cream :)

Yeah before my vacation I could potion out my ice cream. If I eat it now I’ll go a lil overboard and skip a whole nutritional meal, hi old me. To be fair to myself- I didn’t even overeat I just I find it hard to get into a routine and back on it.
  • vanityy99
    Options
    For me, it was fine. I even lost half a pound over the two week holiday/New Year. I just kept logging and ate reasonably, allowing myself treats everyday. I ate a bit over and a bit under, it all balanced out in the end.

You can get back on track! I have faith in you. Get it!

Thank you!!!

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I was actually pretty happy to get back on track after a week of visiting family and not really counting calories at all. I did have one binge night with pizza when we got home but the next morning just went right back to it. Lost the extra holiday weight in about a week.

I used to always struggle getting back into a routine anytime I had a vacation or holiday. I think this time around I’ve more accepted that I’m going to have to live this routine (aka make it a lifestyle) pretty much forever if I want to reach my goal and stay at it.

Oh and the daily weigh-ins help too. Stepping on the scale every morning definitely gets me thinking about staying on track :)
  • vanityy99
    Options
    I was actually pretty happy to get back on track after a week of visiting family and not really counting calories at all. I did have one binge night with pizza when we got home but the next morning just went right back to it. Lost the extra holiday weight in about a week.

I used to always struggle getting back into a routine anytime I had a vacation or holiday. I think this time around I’ve more accepted that I’m going to have to live this routine (aka make it a lifestyle) pretty much forever if I want to reach my goal and stay at it.

Oh and the daily weigh-ins help too. Stepping on the scale every morning definitely gets me thinking about staying on track :)

Yes agree if it wasn’t for them having a scale I would’ve gained a lot more.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    I don't go very much off track during the holidays or on vacation, and I don't log consistently either. Holiday food is not that different for me than regular everyday food. I don't drink often either, and when I do is in moderation because my stomach can’t handle a lot of booze, nor I have a sweet tooth. Since I am retired, I am not around office's sweet temptations or parties, and that is very helpful.

Even if I eat a little bit more or something different, I am back to my regular "diet" as soon as the NY starts. Be positive, strong and stay focus. You can do it!
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I just started tracking again yesterday! Not feeling too bad about getting off track for a couple weeks. Time to get my booty back on it though!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Easy as pie.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Only lost a lb. for the whole month, but I did get back to the gym after knee surgery, took some new classes, made some new friends, bought way too much cool stuff. All-in-all, it was a great holiday.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    I exercised a whole lot during the 16 days of Christmas holidays in preparation for a half marathon last Sunday, and while I ate a bit more than usual during that time, I didn't overeat ... and didn't gain weight.

Now that I'm finished the half marathon, I'm easing back on the eating.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    I didn't go off track during the holidays to be honest. I had 1-2 days I went over my calories, but that was it.

pretty much this. it's the first year i can remember not putting any weight on, so i'm quite pleased really that i've finally found something that's stuck.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    No problem whatsoever. My goal was to maintain through the holidays. I ate everything my little heart desired for 4 days and was back to pre-Christmas weight (which was a pound lower than pre-Thanksgiving) by NYD.
  • an0393na
    an0393na Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Easy most of the time - routine helps majorly!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    No problem at all. I've been at this a while, so my habits are pretty dialed in.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Didn't need to get 'back' on track as I never left it. It's too easy to use the holidays as an excuse to fall (back) into bad habits and I don't think it's a justified excuse.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I'm the opposite of a lot of folks here in that it's been a challenge. I didn't stop logging, and I've already lost the couple pounds the scale went up during the holidays, but I've been struggling to get lower than maintenance calories the past couple weeks. I actually did better over the holidays than in the week or so following Christmas. It can be hard to shake some of the celebratory habits even once the cause for celebration is past :D

But alcohol has always been my primary barrier, and we polished off the whiskey last night so I'll actually be back at a deficit this week, huzzah. B)