Greetings from South Texas

Options
I joined because my wife suggested it. I started back to the gym 3 months ago after a job change and a move. Previously I had trouble setting time aside to maintain a healthy lifestyle and now I have the time and motivation. Currently in the 6th week of a 12 week training program to re-shape my body and I have made significant changes to my diet and excercise habits but very very frustrated at my results. I have gotten my strength endurance and muscle tonicity very much improved but the weight is not going away and neither is the body fat.
So, my wife told me to start tracking calories and join here. Hopefully this method will work. Body stats are 5-09, 220 lbs, 29% body fat. 39 years old. I like old school weight training but have added a lot of cardio to help reduce the unwanted fat. My main goal is to get the BF % down to 15-18 and I'm not too worried about how much wieght I lose but I guess getting down to 190lbs would good for me.

Replies

• Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Welcome from another Proud Texan, although I live in Georgia now,... Good luck to you!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Welcome from another Proud Texan, although I live in Georgia now,... Good luck to you!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp and best of luck on your journey! Oh, I'm also from Texas!! :smile:
  • grimthegrim
    grimthegrim Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome from a fellow Texas, Aggie, and Houstonian!